Nicholas Baer

Haven't checked our stats lately, but believe he's our leading shot blocker. Not bad for a 6th man!

Baer can't carry a team. We all know that. And I think he obviously benefits from a team offense team defense style of play. So it's no wonder he struggled last year. It was every man for himself on offense. And let them score on defense so we can go play offense some more.

Baer’s tenacity and awareness on the court kinda reminds me of a taller version of former Hawkeye Kevin Boyle. Dude was always in the right place at the right time. Only difference was Boyle was 6’5” and on full scholly.

Just watched the condensed replay on BTN. The injury happens off camera. Baer, playing defense near Northwestern's bench, starts rubbing his jaw area then crouches down on all fours when play stops.

I wouldn't be shocked to hear it was a ruptured ear drum. When he walked off the court, you could clearly see blood in the ear canal. Not sure if this is the injury, just speculating. I have no idea if you would miss time or not because of that injury. Again, just speculation, nothing concrete to go on.

I wouldn't be shocked to hear it was a ruptured ear drum. When he walked off the court, you could clearly see blood in the ear canal. Not sure if this is the injury, just speculating. I have no idea if you would miss time or not because of that injury. Again, just speculation, nothing concrete to go on.

You could see the blood inside his ear, not bleeding but the inside was dark colored. He seemed to be dazed. I DVRed the game and the incident was off camera, but an announcer said that he was hit in the head by a NW player. He said the player's name but I am not certain who it was. Probably one of the guards. Wouldn't be surprised that it was that prick who was giving Jordan some static when they were shooting free throws earlier in the game.....

Jordan did make him look like a fool later on in the game when he couldn't be stopped.....

Wouldn't be surprised if Baer didn't play at Rutgers. If he was hit hard enough to cause blood in the inner ear, which was visible, he might have a concussion and a ruptured ear drum. His equilibrium would be seriously affected.....

Baer is a team leader on the floor and essential to the progress of the team. We will need him down the stretch, but he shouldn't play until completely recovered.....

Onward to joust with the Scarlet Knights.....

:cool:

What was the score when Baer left the game? If someone really did hit him upside the ear area and it helped inspire our comeback I have absolutely no doubt these guys have each other's back and a winning mindset.

We led the league in one category last year. Cheap shots taken to the head. This year's team ain't putting up with it. Ain't that right Mr. Jacobsen?

This likely means a good representation of Hawk fans. There are a lot of natives and graduates living in the tri-State area of New Jersey, New York and Connecticut, plus the Philadelphia metro area. There’s also a strong I-Club in NYC that supports Hawkeye games.

Guaranteed this “sellout” is not due to a rush in interest in Rutgers hoops.

It is kind of amusing that Rutgers is happy that they sold out their 8,000 seat arena...

Granted, from where they were this is an accomplishment.

Latest posts