Nice Win for Clones

If WI goes chalk as expected, ISU is likely done but did manage to beat a disjointed uninspired lsu squad.

Oh gawd, here comes BryceC....................................................................................wait for it........................................3................2.................1!

If WI goes chalk as expected, ISU is likely done but did manage to beat a disjointed uninspired lsu squad.
No. What's going to happen is ISU is going to win which is going to make the Big 10 look even worse than Iowa's loss made it look.

ISU played an LSU team that fired their coach 1 day before the tourny. Interviews with a few LSU players showed how unmotivated they were to be at the tourny without their coach. Not to mention BIG 12 tourny was 2 weeks ago. Where ISU got beat in the 1st round. Iowa played 4 games in 4 days with only a 3 day rest before NCAA tourny. Not to mention a hawks had to fly across the country while ISU played in the Midwest. Selection committee totally screwed the dog this year. Conference tournaments didnt hold much value to the committee.

Oh gawd, here comes BryceC....................................................................................wait for it........................................3................2.................1!

Didn't expect to win tonight, very proud of the teams and these guys. Very happy for a guy like Tyrese Hunter who had an outstanding game basically in his hometown with his family there. Definitely don't expect to win in a de facto home game for Wisconsin but it wouldn't be the craziest thing to happen in this tourney. ISU currently a 1 point dog.

ISU played an LSU team that fired their coach 1 day before the tourny. Interviews with a few LSU players showed how unmotivated they were to be at the tourny without their coach. Not to mention BIG 12 tourny was 2 weeks ago. Where ISU got beat in the 1st round. Iowa played 4 games in 4 days with only a 3 day rest before NCAA tourny. Not to mention a hawks had to fly across the country while ISU played in the Midwest. Selection committee totally screwed the dog this year. Conference tournaments didnt hold much value to the committee.

The Big 12 tourney was last week.

ISU has won the Big 12 tourney and had a good NCAA tourney, and they have won the Big 12 tourney and lost in the first round.

The flight time difference for ISU/Iowa is probably like 45 minutes.

We can go on and on about the perception of getting screwed. But at the end of the day we simply didn't accrue enough quad 1 wins.

The committee announced at the first unveiling of their "sweet sixteen" in late January that they were going to emphasize quad 1 wins. Which is why Houston had a problem. Our 0-6 record vs the top four regular season conference finishers was a killer, as was the fact that we didn't get home opportunities with Wisconsin and Rutgers, as was rhe fact that most of those six losses were in December and January when Keegan and Tony P were banged up. And even in our four game run through last weekend, we avoided Illinois and Wisconsin and our only quad 1 win was Purdue-after the brackets were set.

We were metrics darlings, and that's taken into account. But we're werent committee darlings. Ultimately, that's what prevented a higher seed and a shorter trip.

And while we're at it, that's not an excuse either.. playing on Wednesday, slogging through double OT, and traveling to ANOTHER site did t prevent Notre Dame from laying a fourteen point whipping on an Alabama team that just missed the final four last year.

We lost because we couldn't figure out an answer quickly enough in a one and done atmosphere. And that's on everyone, players and coaches.

Didn't expect to win tonight, very proud of the teams and these guys. Very happy for a guy like Tyrese Hunter who had an outstanding game basically in his hometown with his family there. Definitely don't expect to win in a de facto home game for Wisconsin but it wouldn't be the craziest thing to happen in this tourney. ISU currently a 1 point dog.

I can see them competing with Wisconsin if you ask me. I like watching Iowa State. Always have since Johhny Days. Good luck!

We can go on and on about the perception of getting screwed. But at the end of the day we simply didn't accrue enough quad 1 wins.

The committee announced at the first unveiling of their "sweet sixteen" in late January that they were going to emphasize quad 1 wins. Which is why Houston had a problem. Our 0-6 record vs the top four regular season conference finishers was a killer, as was the fact that we didn't get home opportunities with Wisconsin and Rutgers, as was rhe fact that most of those six losses were in December and January when Keegan and Tony P were banged up. And even in our four game run through last weekend, we avoided Illinois and Wisconsin and our only quad 1 win was Purdue-after the brackets were set.

We were metrics darlings, and that's taken into account. But we're werent committee darlings. Ultimately, that's what prevented a higher seed and a shorter trip.

And while we're at it, that's not an excuse either.. playing on Wednesday, slogging through double OT, and traveling to ANOTHER site did t prevent Notre Dame from laying a fourteen point whipping on an Alabama team that just missed the final four last year.

We lost because we couldn't figure out an answer quickly enough in a one and done atmosphere. And that's on everyone, players and coaches.

Might have been a bit outcoached at least as far as game preparation was concerned

We didn't adjust to the swarming D on Keegan and Jordan

:cool:

I didn't watch the Wisky/Colgate game...did Johnny Davis look injury free? If he is at full strength or close to it, ISU gets worked. Now, if he is in that 60-70% range ISU has a shot.

I didn't watch the Wisky/Colgate game...did Johnny Davis look injury free? If he is at full strength or close to it, ISU gets worked. Now, if he is in that 60-70% range ISU has a shot.

Took him a while to get going, but late in the second half he cemented the win for
the badgers

I think clone D can contain him

Clones impressed me last night

I can see them moving on

Since Auburn has an Iowa connection: Bruce Pearl, I wouldn't mind seeing them
cut the Nets down

Took him a while to get going, but late in the second half he cemented the win for
the badgers

I think clone D can contain him

Clones impressed me last night

I can see them moving on

Since Auburn has an Iowa connection: Bruce Pearl, I wouldn't mind seeing them
cut the Nets down
LSU was a totally uninterested, disjointed outfit and I picked ISU to win with little hesitation. WI can put the screws to you on D. Hunter or Brock may each need to hit a big pack of threes to stay in it. Stranger things have happened....ask the fighting Peters.

Latest posts