Nice pickup today for Hawks out of Fla !!

okieviaiowa

Banned
Big-time defensive back K.J. Sails of Florida commits to Iowa.
[FONT=proxima_regular]The Iowa Hawkeyes have reeled in their 24th commit of the class in defensive back K.J. Sails of Gibsonton (Fla.) East Bay as he gave his verbal pledge to Kirk Ferentz and the coaching staff moments ago.
Sails is a three-star recruit and runs a 4.5 forty yard dash time. He is a two-way player that can also be a wideout but he'll most likely begin his career in Iowa City as a safety and possibly a cornerback. He's listed at 5-foot-11 and 175 pounds.
The sunshine state native is one of the top players in the country and has been soaring up the rankings over the past calendar year. It is not out of the question that he could continue to be bumped up the rankings as he continues to impress everyone that sees his performance on the field.
Sails committed to Iowa over other offers such as Wisconsin, West Virginia, Cincinnati, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa State, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, South Florida, Temple, Utah, Virginia, and Wake Forest. Safe to say, a lot of programs wanted to bring his talents to their campus.
The East Bay product has already taken his official visits to Iowa, Wisconsin, and West Virginia. It was believed that the Hawkeyes lead for his services all along so it is not a shocking chain of events. He loved his time in Iowa City and the Hawkeye staff also had the support from his family and high school coaching staff.
Florida State has continued to recruit him and he's been there numerous times so the only thing to monitor about his commitment status moving forward would be a possible offer from the Seminoles. At this time, that has not come, and if it doesn't there will be no concerns or worry about Sails elevating this class to even loftier heights.
[/FONT]

Nice pick up....I'm guessing even though Des King previously said he wanted to stay to get his degree he will enter draft.

I really was hoping to stay but when you are in the conversation for the Jim Thorpe award it is tough not to go.

I ain't expecting a flip ... Mabin is from Fla and so is Falconer (??)

with their facility ... kids in the NFL and Iowa in the hunt for a major *** bowl comfortable his verbal sticks

I ain't expecting a flip ... Mabin is from Fla and so is Falconer (??)

with their facility ... kids in the NFL and Iowa in the hunt for a major *** bowl comfortable his verbal sticks

did those guys receive late offers from in state schools ala FSU? guy said right in your post that an offer from fsu would make him 'consider' (not an exact quote, but close enough).

You must have some genius reason for that comment. Sails has been all about Iowa for the last year. He is as solid as a commit can be. Are you just that much of a troll?

What do you expect from a Royals fan?

LOL.........first time that's ever been written

KJ Sails is a Great Get for the Iowa Hawkeyes.

Phil Parker has helped a lot of Hawkeye players get to next level.
(That's the NFL for those in Rio Linda and L'ames)

S Prater, C Godfrey, Micah Hyde, S Considine to name just a few.

Read what he says about noticing the 8-0 record and choosing Iowa.

Obviously, winning matters. And more than just in the standings.

Nice pick up....I'm guessing even though Des King previously said he wanted to stay to get his degree he will enter draft.

I really was hoping to stay but when you are in the conversation for the Jim Thorpe award it is tough not to go.

King has said multiple times that a degree is very important to him.

King has said multiple times that a degree is very important to him.

Obviously, we want King to stay. That said, don't know how you can turn down guaranteed millions of a first round. You can finish the degree in your late 20's. Please stay anyway King.