Next Years Intro Video

DunderMifflinHk

I have a cousin that goes to Kansas who told me their intro video for basketball games was awesome so I youtubed it. It got me psyched up and I don't really like Kansas haha. So I was thinking Iowa football should do a similar one. Think if they played a Hawkeye version of this in Kinnick. The place would go nuts.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8ydGPRKNTQ"]YouTube- 2008/2009 Kansas intro video, vs. Neb[/ame]

WTF, have you ever been to a game at Kinnick??? There already is a video played for the teams entrance to Back in Black. It helps gets the place rocking!

WTF, have you ever been to a game at Kinnick??? There already is a video played for the teams entrance to Back in Black. It helps gets the place rocking!

Easy dude, One, I've been to every home game for the past 3 years. And two, there is no video that goes along with Back in Black. The song is played right before the players run onto the field. I also like Moby's Flower song with the countdown to kickoff. I think though the Requiem for a dream song with highlights from past Hawkeye teams would be cool to play before it.

I know societally we're past this point, but I miss the old entrances onto the field with the marching band playing the Dragnet theme. That is how I'll always remember games at Kinnick.

thats great...but it's no hockey bear...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5YjPteCPLo"]YouTube- UAF Nanook Hockey Open 07-08 "Highway to the Danger Zone"[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8THGqrjUDGI"]YouTube- UAF Nanook Hockey Open 2009-2010 (HD - full, final version)[/ame]

Just saying...A giant hawk blowing up things in space could be cool too, ha ha

I live in KC now, and my wife is a KU grad. We make it to a couple KU home games every year, and were just at the ISU-KU game last Saturday. That intro video is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I know it's coming, but I still get goose bumps every time.

The video they play now has a little bit more to it than the one posted. It starts off with part of the speech Wilt Chamberlain gave when his number was retired at Allen Fieldhouse.

Last edited:
I personally miss "All My Life" as the countdown song. Got me pumped every time. The current song is fine, but it just isn't the same.

Well, the KU video really did ZERO for me.

Back in Black, along with the Countdown to Are you Ready for some Football..................NO THAT'S GETTING A CROWD amped.

Let's Go Hawkeyes !!!!!!!!!! Now less than 200 days until the Boom!

That's ok but nothing extraordinary in my book. Everyone has their own thing. Personally, I love seeing Herky run over the other mascot in a big black semi!

There just needs to be a less awkward transition from Back in Black to Enter Sandman.

I agree completely. If nothing else, fade out Back in Black, and at the same time fade in Enter Sandman. But yes, the way it is right now is pretty awkward.

Back in Black is extremely overrated IMO.

Really? It's perfect! It's got enough rock to it to get people pumped, the beat fits the kind of strut that the players have walking out of the tunnel, and we wear black at home. The crowd loves it. I love it, but what really gives me goosebumps is how the stadium erupts when it comes on.

Latest posts