Next year doesn't seem too bad.

We had the worst rushing offense in big10 play and we're losing three starters from that unit.

We lose our top playmaker in McNutt, and we have two guys who have shown flashes of being good, but haven't done it on a consistent basis.

Our QB plays well at home against bad teams, and really struggles on the road. Some of it's nerves, and we have to accept some of it is just lack of talent. Hopefully he can settle down next year on our road trips and make a few plays.

On defense we lose our entire DL, Alvis is coming off of ACL surgery so we're not sure how effective he'll be early in the season. We lose Prater which doesn't seem like a huge loss, but he did know the system very well. Berstine was a big hitter and made a few plays as a KR.

So we have a lot to replace next year, and yes the schedule is easy. But it seems like even in the great years Iowa is a slow starter on offense....so that's where we can get burnt early on.

If JVB doesn't make strides, OL doesn't gel, and we don't get WR to step up to keep defenses from stacking 8/9 in the box....look for a .500 record if we're lucky.

We progressed in alot of areas this year!
1) Feirowitz is about to hit beast mode, Herman wasnt the answer but was given a chance because Ferentz is good people
2)Senior qb who's hungry, mix in some more hurry up & he made Oklahoma's D look silly
3)Coker = stud. Canzeri is an excellent change of pace
4)D-line looked ALOT better with woods coaching them! tell me im lying
5)we have the best recruits we've ever had coming in and Kirk Ferentz is a STUD! cry all you want but he's putting these boys in the pros and the recruits are gonna keep on coming so all these fake iowa fans that cry need to go ahead and and follow kazensky!!!

All the bold comments make me thing you are some terrible troll trying to be better than you are. Go away.

.500 or worse next year with the Defense we are going to put on the field. That coupled with the fact that our offense, despite having playmakers this year, was terrible, does not give me much hope for next year.

The past 2 years in IC have been some of the worst coaching performances in moder history given the talent level. I see no reason for that to change. Next year's team from a talent level will be WAY under the past 2 seasons. Thus, I don't see many wins, despite how easy the schedule looks. It would not shock me if we lost to NIU.
I'm pretty pessimistic too, but not that bad. We should be able to get 7 wins again. If they are .500 or below next year, it's probably time for Kirk to go.

Super fan
Iowa Hawkeyes, Georgia Bulldogs, UNI Panthers, Dallas Cowboys, Atlanta Braves. That's it.
Really get a life, atleast I have a positive opinion about my football team rather than downing someone with their own. Im on here to talk about IOWA FOOTBALL, not to hate loser. You have 3 favorite teams and your proud of that. You aint no hawk fan your 1/3 hawk fan

Everyone was doing great until this poster attacked someone else for no reason. This is a perfect example of how not to act. He didnt add to the topic at all. This is the type of person thatales it hard for anyonw tobopem up on this board.

As for the topic at hand, I think we are 9-3 and the only discrepancy with the original poster is he is over looking NW a little too fast. As long as they have that young but disgruntled coach, they will be a monkey on our back.

He has been in the program for 4 years this past season not really sure how he can improve? The kid has an arm and that is about it....It needs to be completly opened up this spring at QB with Rudock and the JUCO transfer coming in...
Are you f'ing kidding me? Jesus, when did idiots take this place over. Not really sure how he can improve? I'm not sure how you could be stupider.

Protecting home field (obviously) is key to any successful season. But the OP is right ... we do have another 'favorable' schedule. Of course, you still have to show up and play. However, Iowa normally plays well at home (minus Michigan State) ... I want to be an optimist and say Iowa bounces back after two very average seasons. Of course we won't know anything until they actually take the field ... We should be okay on offense ... But, as we all know, the main cog to the success or non-success of next year's team falls to the defensive line ...

Protecting home field (obviously) is key to any successful season. But the OP is right ... we do have another 'favorable' schedule. Of course, you still have to show up and play. However, Iowa normally plays well at home (minus Michigan State) ... I want to be an optimist and say Iowa bounces back after two very average seasons. Of course we won't know anything until they actually take the field ... We should be okay on offense ... But, as we all know, the main cog to the success or non-success of next year's team falls to the defensive line ...
Wasn't '11 the first year in a long time that MSU actually won here?

He has been in the program for 4 years this past season not really sure how he can improve? The kid has an arm and that is about it....It needs to be completly opened up this spring at QB with Rudock and the JUCO transfer coming in...

LoL.....no....and not sure it should be completely opened up with the numbers JVB put up this year, people ragging on him need to get off their high horses.

He lost his killer mojo probably due to coaches telling him not to take risks as we blew 5 games that season with leads in 4th qtr thanks to the offense failing the defense time and time again. The 2009 Stanzi would throw a pick 6, walk in down 7 or less lead us down the field to victory time and time again. Vandy has 0 killer instinct and puts up nice "Stats" largely due to McNutt. I'll take wins over "Stats" all day everyday...

Then we will need a much better Defense to help out the team, because that is what Stanzi had to win all those games for him.

He lost his killer mojo probably due to coaches telling him not to take risks as we blew 5 games that season with leads in 4th qtr thanks to the offense failing the defense time and time again. The 2009 Stanzi would throw a pick 6, walk in down 7 or less lead us down the field to victory time and time again. Vandy has 0 killer instinct and puts up nice "Stats" largely due to McNutt. I'll take wins over "Stats" all day everyday...

Sometimes it's just best to leave stew-piddly posted things alone...

Oh well Hawkeyestate, how did the offense fail the defense when Iowa had a lead in the 4th quarter? Seems to me, in order to give up a lead in the 4th quarter, the defense had to give up some scores. Duh..

If you want to say Iowa's offense didn't have the backs of Iowa's defense, I might agree with you. It might be like someone's wife asking where the husband was (when the husband was out 'screwing around') and a buddy saying the husband was in the garage of the buddy the whole time.

Last edited:

Latest posts