Next year as of now

spliff45

1- J. Toussaint, T. Ulis
2- Perkins, Kr. Murray
3- PMac, Kr. Murray, Sandfort
4- CMac/Ke. Murray,
5- R. Mulvey, J. Ogundele

Replacing the whole starting 5. Just brutal.

Not sure who wins more games....20-21 ISU or 21-22 Iowa

LOL. If you think Keegan Murray isn't going to start next year with what we lost you didn't watch Iowa basketball. Jesus Christ...
Sorry, I had forgotten about Connor being a starter. I know Keegan will be next year. Still, replacing 4 starters is going to be rough.

While it sure is not looking great now, like a third of all D1 MBB are in the portal now. Fortunes can change. Fran can certainly sell starter minutes at the 2 and the 5.

While it sure is not looking great now, like a third of all D1 MBB are in the portal now. Fortunes can change. Fran can certainly sell starter minutes at the 2 and the 5.
I agree with this. Almost every team in the big 10 looks like junk right now.

I have zero expectations for next year. I'm thinking sub-500 overall. At least, I figure it's best to expect that and hope to be pleasantly surprised if this team can win more than they lose.

Transfer portal - give me reason to believe (or even hope) that our coaches can clean up there. So far it's been eerily quiet, minus the Robbins miss.

Ok, so next year will be a roller coaster. But the experience these talented youngsters get will only pay huge dividends down the road. Not cheerleading here, i just think there is more talent coming back than people are willing to acknowledge.

Do you think having coach starting his sons hurt the team. How many bench guys think they are better and decide to portal. Won't surprise me if more won't portal and also hurt bringing in players.
NO

Is that also what got the other FIFTHEEN HUNDRED or whatever players to leave their teams? Nunge gets a get out of town free pass, so we lose ONE player that came out of nowhere, and since he was a STARTER, it's pretty safe to say PT wasn't the reason he left.

He went home to a greener pasture and an opportunity to play for his home state team he probably dreamt about growing up.

1- J. Toussaint, T. Ulis
2- Perkins, Kr. Murray
3- PMac, Kr. Murray, Sandfort
4- CMac/Ke. Murray,
5- R. Mulvey, J. Ogundele

Replacing the whole starting 5. Just brutal.

Not sure who wins more games....20-21 ISU or 21-22 Iowa
I got any amount of money says 21-22 Iowa!

That lineup has talent and is going to compete hard. I see some fast-breaking sobs that are gonna be fun to watch and surprise some teams. Gonna take some lumps (for one season), but not about to throw in the towel on these guys. They have a bright future and the cupboard is far from bare.

Ok, so next year will be a roller coaster. But the experience these talented youngsters get will only pay huge dividends down the road. Not cheerleading here, i just think there is more talent coming back than people are willing to acknowledge.
I actually enjoy watching a young team grow and develop together. Let em play and realize that they will be a work in progress. At least they have the physical tools to play the defense and transition needed in today's game. It will be a different type of ball and frankly, I'm ready to see it. Plus nothing is set in stone yet , not Wiesy, not CJ leaving, and not the fact that Fran can't snag some portal help. Excuse the double negative.

Who thinks JW is coming back? I mean if say Garza, JBo CJ were all gonna be back (or any 1 of them) maybe there's a snowballs chance JW would but I don't see happening. I just don't. There's way too many things leaning towards him moving on. And how this team will be built around him if he did come back is right up there as a big reason why he'd probably not want to come back.

Him coming back would be a bigger surprise then when Desmond King did. I was pretty surprised when he came back. That sort of thing isn't happening much anymore.

Latest posts