Next week defense

Our defense knows the score....it's up to them to rise above, make plays, and execute their plan....It'll be exciting as always....Focus on what worked yesterday...if it means pounding the ball, then that's on the O line.....do play action, whatever it takes.....you have to keep Wisci off balance to be effective...I think Iowa has a good week of practice....our crowd will be rowdy all game long

For the most part I have a lot of confidence in Iowa's 4 DBs. However 2 LBs are younger than most in the league and the other needs google maps because he's always lost.

It not really fair to Lowdermilk to put him in a matchup with Gordon. Did you see Nebraska's safeties today. You have to slow him down at the line of scrimmage...if he gets a crease, it's all over...kind of like Weisman for Iowa.

Man, JL has had some really, really tough games against backs with size and speed...LSU, Indiana, etc. Here's another one. I certainly hope Phil Parker has a few wrinkles for this one.

I have a question: What is Alston doing guarding the middle of the field in 3rd and long situations. Can we move a safety or corner to the middle so we have someone who can guard a back out of the backfield?

My goodness Alston couldn't cover that dude if it was a 300 lb lineman. Just not a good cover man, at least wisky really doesn't throw to its backs at all. To me this game is gonna fall on the shoulders of ruddock. Last year Iowa was up 9-3 and missed I believe 2 or 3 short field opportunities. If we can cash those in this time around I think we have an awesome chance at winning this.

DL will have to play the game of their lives. Also, the offense HAS to actually perform in a big game. Iowa will probably need to score 5 TD's to have a chance...

I agree. Were going to need some guys to step up in a big way. And were going to need alot of the bounces to go our way to keep this gm respectable.

Thanks, another vote for a 5-2. It would fit sets with Spearman well, with him and Meier setting the edges.

I don't expect to see much setting the edge out of a guy giving up a huge size advantage to Wiskys O linemen.

iowa might be able to win this game because Wisconsin really isn't that good overall but Iowa has faced one decent team all year and got destroyed.

Lile Okeefe said , there is very little reason for optomism unless Kirk decides to play the QB that can throw the ball.

Latest posts