Next Nebraska Coach

IF THEY SOLD ALL OF THE TICKETS TO THE GAME IT IS A SELLOUT. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THEY SOLD 1,000 TICKETS TO THE SECRETARY IN THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT FOR A DOLLAR. THE TICKETS WERE STILL SOLD.
True. Where it gets questionable is the constant implication that it's organic and evidence of a crazy loyal fan base that always fills the stadium.

IF THEY SOLD ALL OF THE TICKETS TO THE GAME IT IS A SELLOUT. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THEY SOLD 1,000 TICKETS TO THE SECRETARY IN THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT FOR A DOLLAR. THE TICKETS WERE STILL SOLD.
You seem angry.

Maybe this will calm you down a bit.

Miracle Whip is better than Duke's Mayo.

**RUNS**

Over/Under.....Urban is announced new Nebby coach?

Frost is dead man walking.
Urban wants out of the jail cell known as the Fox broadcasting booth.
Nebby and Urban both need each other for different reasons, but both definitely need each other.

I give it a better than 50/50 chance.

We know you have a real hard on for the Huskers, but I'd argue the Nebraska job will be more attractive this off-season than its been in years.

It's a solid middle of the pack Big Ten job. Outside of the SEC (if you include TX and OK), how many jobs in P5 are better than a mid-level Big Ten job? It's not a super long list.

The timing makes the job fairly attractive too. The Huskers go 5-7 or 3-9 and its fans go to the mat arguing without a tipped ball here or a bad call there and they'd be 9-3. Imagine how they'd worship a coach these days who actually went 9-3! I think they've been sufficiently humbled and beaten down now that they won't run anyone out of town anytime soon who can consistently win in the West.

There are some nuances to that fan interest that make the job a little more challenging, but it's also what provides some upside. In general (and within reason), most coaches rather be somewhere that the fans and administration consider football extremely important. Obviously the fans weren't reasonable in the past, but is that still true?

I think Iowa actually provides the best blueprint for Alberts (including for recruiting), and I'm worried he'll go the route of patiently building a hard-nosed, physical football team that can compete with Iowa and Wisconsin. I've said it before too, but it's also why (if I'm Alberts) I start taking a hard look at LeVar Woods and Jim Leonhard.
This post got me thinking....what if Nebraska has a 9-3 season at some point, maybe even a few in a row. Do you think the Husker fans will morph back to thinking it's a bad season if they're not in the College Football Playoffs?

Nebby and Urban both need each other for different reasons, but both definitely need each other.

I don't think Urban looks like a Lincoln, NE kind of guy. I think he thinks it's too "hicky" for him and he's better than that. Hell, he might be right.

Nah. He knows it’s a losing proposition when everything is said and done. He’d go to AZ state before nebraska. Golf weather, not a shit hole like lincoln, better recruiting, and no expectation to win. Might be a couple mil less money but come on.

Nah. He knows it’s a losing proposition when everything is said and done. He’d go to AZ state before nebraska. Golf weather, not a shit hole like lincoln, better recruiting, and no expectation to win. Might be a couple mil less money but come on.

Agree, guys like that don't move to middle America in their later years when approaching retirement. Guys like that with plenty of $$$$$ are going to live at places like you said because they can.

Hell, Hayden Fry moved out to Las Vegas.

You're probably right.

Besides, the first time UM takes a Nebby squad to C-Bus and leaves a 63-7 loser, his ego-filled head would (to quote Clint Eastwood).....blow clean off.

This post got me thinking....what if Nebraska has a 9-3 season at some point, maybe even a few in a row. Do you think the Husker fans will morph back to thinking it's a bad season if they're not in the College Football Playoffs?

My gut instinct is that they would be insistent they are back. They could go 9-3 and lose 20 starters and those lunatics would think the team should be ranked top 5 going into the next season.

A lot also depends on how you get to 9-3. If you get there with three close losses to Iowa, Northwestern and Wisconsin while avoiding anyone good in the conference and non-con that might make them more likely to think "next year it happens" instead of losing by a total of 150 points to OSU, PSU and Michigan.

You're probably right.

Besides, the first time UM takes a Nebby squad to C-Bus and leaves a 63-7 loser, his ego-filled head would (to quote Clint Eastwood).....blow clean off.
Lol, there’s always that.

I still think people are way overestimating the ability of any coach to get high quality players in Lincoln.

We’re a bunch of 40-80 year old men who were alive when nebraska was good so some of us think that means diddly squat to high schoolers. nebraska is a laughing stock clown show to these kids and other schools are going to emphasize that in their own recruitments.

Holy smokes, man. You really haven't been there in the last decade, have you?

Rock star? UNL students know their program is a joke. My nephew is pre-dental in Lincoln and even he says that husker games are about 17th on a list of stuff students want to do on Saturdays.
I think by rockstar he means being able to drive drunk and harass the coeds with impunity.

I’ll give you +20000 odds but you need to commit at least $5000 to the cause and understand that I have no means to pay up.

Latest posts