Next man in

loesshillshawk

So from the guys...do we have 2 capable CB'S? Or is this Nebraska last year? We are going to have to cover guys! Thoughts?

Lee isn’t Dejean, but he will be fine. Not sure what Kirk/Levar want to do on special teams. Safe bet is Ragaini is the punt returner. Maybe they roll the dice and give Wetjen a try. No clue on who replaces Dejean as the gunner.

Lee isn’t Dejean, but he will be fine. Not sure what Kirk/Levar want to do on special teams. Safe bet is Ragaini is the punt returner. Maybe they roll the dice and give Wetjen a try. No clue on who replaces Dejean as the gunner.
KF said on tonight's radio show that Wetjen will be returning kicks and punts Saturday.

Is TJ Hall done for the season? He hasn't been available for quite awhile now.

This is when striking out on a transfer portal CB starts to hurt.

Is TJ Hall done for the season? He hasn't been available for quite awhile now.

This is when striking out on a transfer portal CB starts to hurt.
Or having a guy like Roberts leave when he woulda very likely had still played alot. Then he bounced around all over and I'm not sure what he ended up doing this season. Something was up with him

I would trust Phil to put together something with this board playing. But maybe for the first time in years the offense will have to step up.

I would try K Brown in as punt returner, but what do I know.

Not bad and gets him some more PT, but KF is going to put the most sure handed player back there and rightfully so in this situation. I don't think they really care to run the punts back so much. Hell, DeJean fair caught most of his attempts. It is a really specialized position and the player really has to read the ball and where the coverage is.

Point is ya can't just put back anyone or who you think the best runner is.

I like that Wetjen is getting the nod, he seems under utilized and IMO, K Brown seems like a weapon we need for offense these final weeks.

I don't think this will be like Nebraska last season because it happened 5 days before the game and Iowa has time to react, recover and plan.... when you lose #3 in the middle of a game and you also lose your starting QB, that's A LOT to overcome IN GAME. With days to plan, not nearly concerned. Iowa is sound on D and losing 1 guy isn't enough to knock them off their path too far, again, IMO. \

I like Lee's skill-set and game. He's no Cooper, but he's talented. The biggest concern will be his lack of experience and susceptibility to double moves. I was expecting Bielema to try some hitch-and-goes anyway, but even more so now.

I like Lee's skill-set and game. He's no Cooper, but he's talented. The biggest concern will be his lack of experience and susceptibility to double moves. I was expecting Bielema to try some hitch-and-goes anyway, but even more so now.

Altmayer or Paddock, it doesn't matter. They are going to go after Lee and he has to be disciplined. I like what I saw in the first two games, but I am not 100% confident.

Latest posts