Next 3 Years of Iowa Football?

Okay ONE MORE TIME...

KF's record at Iowa 3 years 7 or fewer wins, 3 years 8 or more wins...

So, this year the Hawks lose their bowl game. Next year they go 6-6. The following year they go 7-6.

Then in 2014, they win 10+ games.

2012: 6-6
2013: 7-5
2014: 7-5
2015: 9-3, Lose in Big Ten Title Game Ferentz gets extensions to 2050
2016: 6-6 The cycle begins again

Okay ONE MORE TIME...

KF's record at Iowa 3 years 7 or fewer wins, 3 years 8 or more wins...

So, this year the Hawks lose their bowl game. Next year they go 6-6. The following year they go 7-6.

Then in 2014, they win 10+ games.
Okay Nostradamus, I'll book that all tomorrow.

PFFFFT.png

You watch. That was a very powerful Minnesota team we played. They could have played with any team in the nation that day. There is so much talent there. They just need their coach to stay healthy.

Chad

Okay Nostradamus, I'll book that all tomorrow.

No psychic abilities here. Just going by the running stats. I will be happy when KF breaks the cycle. He just hasn't yet.

And it isn't necessarily 3 down and 3 up, but 3 Seven and under, 3 eight and over.

It is a convenient stat because 8 wins puts the team at 60%.

Last edited:
I'd like to see the TE's used more during the course of the game. CJF's offensive PI struck a cord with me, he completely blew up his defender and it was dumb that he did it and all that. To me, though, it looked like this kid really wants to make a play because his team is losing in a big game. JVB is always using the TE's as a last resort. His progression always seemed like "McNutt isn't open, I'll check it down to Marcus" or "McNutt is covered, Marcus is blocking, who do I throw it to? I'll throw it short to the TE, I guess..." We have some pretty good TE's, I'd just like to see them used as weapons instead of a last resort because everyone else is covered.

I want a competent special teams coach/coordinator. Iowa is never alert to fakes or onsides because it hasn't been driven into their minds that they need to make sure it's not a fake before they turn and run to block. Opposing teams know Iowa is susceptible to a fake punt on the first attempt and therefore it's a fairly good play call in the right circumstance. How about field position on a KR that's beyond the 25 yard line? Bernstine almost had no chance on KR's this year, he would get to the 20 and have nowhere to go. Other teams are threats to take it the distance every time they're receiving a kick.

I don't know how we get to this point consistently, but getting our defense OFF the field on 3rd down plays, not consistently prolonging the opponent's drive. The defense will keep teams to 1 or 2 yards total on 1st and 2nd down and then give up a 9 yard play like clockwork. It's infuriating.

Last edited:
Three changes

1. A new defensive coordinator Norm has been great time for some fresh ideas.

2. Make Speacial Teams a priority used too be a game changer for Iowa now has become a liability.

3. Develop a culture that expects too win when we play lesser opponets. Currently Iowa does not have that attitude.

Stay the same

1. KF as the head coach runs a solid program, and represents the University of Iowa well.

2. Uniforms and helmets the Tiger Hawk has stood the test of time great invention of coach Fry.

3. Continue the Iowa tradition of deveolping great offensive lineman.

Three year record

2012 8-4 5-3
2013 10-2 6-2
2014 9-3 5-3

B10? Hell, NC - that team is loaded. Look for them to move to the SEC in a couple of years.

Well I think that is a couple of years down the road. Recruiting for them is like shooting fish out of one of their ten thousand lakes.

Chad

Rudock is NOTHING like Drew Tate either in temperament or the kind of player he is.

Since I haven't seen Rudock play a game, I won't pass judgment on him at all, but I will take the opportunity to state that Drew Tate is still vastly underrated by most Hawk fans and I firmly believe he was the 2nd or 3rd best QB Iowa ever had.

2012 8-4
2013 8-4
2014 10-2

I will go with this as well. I keep getting duped by looking and trying to predict the schedule. I am drinking the kool aid because the schedule sets up nice the next 3 years.

19-9 as a double digit favorite(worse in the BIG) I should know better by just looking at the schedule.

2012 8-4
2013 8-4
2014 10-2

I will go with this as well. I keep getting duped by looking and trying to predict the schedule. I am drinking the kool aid because the schedule sets up nice the next 3 years.

19-9 as a double digit favorite(worse in the BIG) I should know better by just looking at the schedule.

I'm pretty close:
2012: 7-5 (again!)
2013: 9-3
2014: 9-3

Sindece I haven't seen Rudock play a game, I won't pass judgment on him at all, but I will take the opportunity to state that Drew Tate is still vastly underrated by most Hawk fans and I firmly believe he was the 2nd or 3rd best QB Iowa ever had.

I completely agree. Tate was very underrated, and was easily one of our best qb's of the last 20 years. He and Banks were the only 2 qb's of the last 25 years who could significantly extend a play.

You watch. That was a very powerful Minnesota team we played. They could have played with any team in the nation that day. There is so much talent there. They just need their coach to stay healthy.

Chad

I REALLY hope this is sarcasm. Let's just say the talent and work ethic is not there.

I would like both the offensive and defensive coordinators replaced (which will never happen...KF does not replace best friends)

I wold like to see this program keep the excellent players they recruit (this is not going to happen)

I would like to see this staff change their ultraconservative, play not to lose, take no risks, Iowa has no sizzle attitude, and show some enthusiasm, which is passed on to the players...(this also is not going to happen)

And I would like to see Iowa fans think a 7-5 season is a great and acceptable season and does not indiciate success for Iowa, especially when they get beat by one of the poorest teams in the country.

Chad

Chad please tell me you're trolling this thread, otherwise this whole board has no other choice but to conclude you are nucking futs.

I like the part when you say it was an ok season. We had 7 wins......

We had a freaking great season!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT?!? Barta needs your address, hopefully you have your checkbook open for him!

7 wins with our schedule is...average...at best! And yes I recognize we beat Michigan!

Latest posts