Next 3 Years of Iowa Football?

Saginawbay

With the 2011 season in the books except for the bowl game let's take a look at the next 3 year's, and speculate what will Iowa football be. Looking back on 2011 it was an ok season would not have been as tough if 2010 team had performed too expectations.

• What are 3 changes you would make?
  • What 3 things would you keep as is?
  • What will the Hawkeyes 3 year record be?

Last edited:
I think the biggest changes would be the quality of the players that start over the next 3 years. If we can upgrade our defensive line, that'll make a huge difference of defense. I like our linebackers and secondary. I think our offensive game plan has shown to be effective with the right ingredients. Having a quality second rb to keep Coker fresh and a dependable tight end were things we just didn't have this year. I'm excited about what Rudock can do in a pro style offense. Rudock will also add a running element to the position that Vandy doesn't.

I think next year will be similar as the DLine upgrade won't be there immediately and the WR core takes a hit as does the Oline. However in 2 and 3 years, some of the more highly regarded recruits will have more experience and maturity and I think we could expect better performance.

I think the team will be just fine, especially the offense. There is some really good talent starting to come through Iowa at all the skill positions (most recently at WR), but the skill positions' successes revolve around the OL and let's face it, there are some great recruits coming in and next year's line should be great whether or not Reiff stays. The only thing that is holding this Iowa team back as a whole is the DL. If you take a look at all of Iowa's great teams under Ferentz, the DL is always breaking up run plays early and putting a ton of pressure on the QB. We are about a year or two away from rebuilding the DL. Once that is back, watch out!

I like the part when you say it was an ok season. We had 7 wins......

We had a freaking great season!!!!!!!!!!

That was NOT a great season. You don't lose to Minnesota and have a great season. 2009 was a great season. This was an OK season.

We have sooo much ponential within the next 3 yrs. All i want to see is KF not hold his players back. This yrs teams is a good example. He didnt play the strength of his players and seemed like he didnt trust them.
I believe Rudock will be simular to what Tate was his soph yr. And i believe CJ will be one of our best TE wev ever had.
i predict Coe (if plays RB) will be the second coming of shonn Greene. And im afraid mccall and maybe canzeri will transfer.
Next year we have a good chance at starting 5-0. So heres my season predictions...
2012: 9-4 (5-3 in conf.)
2013: 10-3 (6-2 in conf.)
2014: 10-3 (6-3 in conf.)
One of the three we'll either win or losr in the tital game.

We have sooo much ponential within the next 3 yrs. All i want to see is KF not hold his players back. This yrs teams is a good example. He didnt play the strength of his players and seemed like he didnt trust them.
I believe Rudock will be simular to what Tate was his soph yr. And i believe CJ will be one of our best TE wev ever had.
i predict Coe (if plays RB) will be the second coming of shonn Greene. And im afraid mccall and maybe canzeri will transfer.
Next year we have a good chance at starting 5-0. So heres my season predictions...

lol

I'm hoping for the same thing that every college football fan in America is hoping......More size AND more team speed (and a kicker that can consistently get touchbacks). If we can do that, we'll be fine.

It really comes down to recruiting, our vanilla/conservative schemes work when we have the talent.

Hey you wanted a prediction, and i gave u one. All that needs to happen is kf will need to play strengths. KF always goes through a threr year cycle. Three yrs of mediocre, three yrs of above exoectation yrs. Add the recuites that we have got, and who we play, and thats where my predictions come. The only reason you would say im crazy is bcuz of tge year we just had. And the players we lose.

-
+willing to take shots at the end of the half especially the other team just scored and we aren't starting with the ball in the 2nd half
+be willing to use your time outs at the end of the half to try and take a shot.
+stop saying you play to win this year when it is clear you aren't
-
+Stadium,
+staff (unless it is the only way to make changes to the system)
+Logo
-
+22-14 (regular season)

I want what you're smoking. wow.

going back to 2009 recruiting class,
2009 2 4*'s one of which is not here today in Wegher
2010 4 4* all are still here
2011 4 4* one is not here in Coe but from what i here plans on coming back
2012 has 2 4*'s in a unfinished class
also we have a good chance of ending this class with a possible 4-8 more 4*'s
the classes are getting better
and the d-end out of Florida was a 1st year starter for Plantation HS, and just got a 5.6 3* and recorded 13 sacks on the season

Last edited:
We have sooo much ponential within the next 3 yrs. All i want to see is KF not hold his players back. This yrs teams is a good example. He didnt play the strength of his players and seemed like he didnt trust them. I believe Rudock will be simular to what Tate was his soph yr. And i believe CJ will be one of our best TE wev ever had.i predict Coe (if plays RB) will be the second coming of shonn Greene. And im afraid mccall and maybe canzeri will transfer.Next year we have a good chance at starting 5-0. So heres my season predictions...2012: 9-4 (5-3 in conf.)2013: 10-3 (6-2 in conf.) 2014: 10-3 (6-3 in conf.) One of the three we'll either win or losr in the tital game.
I want what you're smoking. wow.

Look whay herbiehawk just posted, thats why im predicting those records. Seriously the only readon why u ask what im smoking is bcuase of the yr we just had. If we went 10-2 this yr you would prolly agree with me. Your just a debie downer sir. We have 3 down yrs (which is now, and 3 up yrs, which starts next year)

I have hope for next year and beyond, I always do, hope is a beautiful thing. Each year our record is 0-0

Look whay herbiehawk just posted, thats why im predicting those records. Seriously the only readon why u ask what im smoking is bcuase of the yr we just had. If we went 10-2 this yr you would prolly agree with me. Your just a debie downer sir. We have 3 down yrs (which is now, and 3 up yrs, which starts next year)
I dispute the 3 up, 3 down thing. 2008 could have been better, and 2010 was going back downhill already.

Like to see change:
-Willingness for the coaches to take the reigns off and let the kids play, they can overcome some mistakes, but when you preach execution and a mistake happens, it seems like they just get too down.
-Like Everyone I would like to see them open up the offense a bit, if KOK is supposed to be some sort of Mad Offensive Genius, let him go bonkers once in a while, at least in the preseason against the schlubs to see what you've got on O.
-Start pounding Iowa State mercilessly, and for that matter, once you take a lead, don't be afraid to step on the other team's throat a little bit.
-Norm needs to go, I love ya big guy, but they need someone that can actually get on the road and recruit

Stay the same:
-KF stays put, end of story
-The kids they have stay put, NO MORE TRANSFERS PLEASE!
-Coach Campbell stays, best skill position coach we've had in a long time

Record
2012 - 8-5 I think Vandy is good enough to get them wins
2013 - 10-3 Conf title game loss, Ruddock rolls
2014 - 11-2 Rose Bowl?? (Wishful thinking I know)

That Minnesota team will be in the hunt next year for big ten champ.

PFFFFT.png

Latest posts