News on Cook Injury?

After watching the replays I'm pretty sure it's just an ankle sprain. I'd guess he misses anywhere from 1 to 3 games. I'd be shocked if he tore anything.

We were told it was an ankle sprain and he was getting treatment. Fran and J-Bo didn't seem overly concerned. I doubt we'll hear anything for sure for a few days, however.

Sure looks like the team tell apart. :rolleyes:

Maybe he was right and people should relax.

Short memory? Obviously referring to last year's disaster and his accompanying tweet.

Yesterday looked like a different team, great win! Let's hope TC heals quickly, they'll have a tough time making the tourney without him.

Short memory? Obviously referring to last year's disaster and his accompanying tweet.

Yesterday looked like a different team, great win! Let's hope TC heals quickly, they'll have a tough time making the tourney without him.

Thought you were referring to this year's team. That's my misinterpretation. I think they've looked like a different team almost all year, not just yesterday.

Agreed on TC. Gotta have your guy that draws the double-teams playing. Hopefully it looked worse than it was.

My uneducated guess is he might try and give it a go Wed. But won't be surprised if he can't go. Hopefully in a week he'll be good to go.

Wouldn't it be something if Iowa kept winning on the road without TC? It doesn't sound likely they would be able to, but it's funny how sports work. Things rarely go as they are supposed to.

My money still is on him playing Wednesday.

I've heard every speculation from him being day to day to out for extended time. I tend to side with Rob's inside info, that's it's not that bad and that he's day to day at this point. But if you read other boards, some are saying it could be 2 months.

A gimpy Cook lacking explosiveness is just a big dude with a bad jump shot and average defensive skills. I would prefer he sit for Rutgers and try and get him back close to 95% both in his knee and ankle. These two winnable games are critical, but Fran gotta think long term for the season. Without a healthy Cook, this team going nowhere.

A gimpy Cook lacking explosiveness is just a big dude with a bad jump shot and average defensive skills. I would prefer he sit for Rutgers and try and get him back close to 95% both in his knee and ankle. These two winnable games are critical, but Fran gotta think long term for the season. Without a healthy Cook, this team going nowhere.

Rutgers??? How about the 7 games before they play Rutgers?

We were told it was an ankle sprain and he was getting treatment. Fran and J-Bo didn't seem overly concerned. I doubt we'll hear anything for sure for a few days, however.

Do you know if it is a high or low? Both have very different recovery times.