NEW WR COMMIT

More poaching from MAC schools. Are we in the B1G or MAC conference?

I guess this is where Iowa recruiting has gone. It seems like we have lost some steam somewhere because Iowa is letting other schools lap them.

Very questionable commit.
Yeah, there's no good receivers in the MAC, lol....And I can't believe we want anymore of these slow white guys or lowly recruited kids like Vandenberg or a clown like Austin Carr....You 'folks' always amuse me.....

Yeah, there's no good receivers in the MAC, lol....And I can't believe we want anymore of these slow white guys or lowly recruited kids like Vandenberg or a clown like Austin Carr....You 'folks' always amuse me.....

I believe Antonio Brown was from a MAC school. Yeah, he sucks for sure.

Corey Davis is on everyone's all-american team and may be the best receiver in the country. How can that be? Lol...Isn't Western Michigan in the MAC! Talentless MAC hack an all-american? Can't be!

The MAC always has their fair share of talent. Be it kids that fell through the cracks during recruiting for one reason or another. Sometimes kids just blossom and turn into studs once they get to college. It's what makes sports fun. If every kid ended up the way they were rated to start with what fun would that be? So much of what Iowa fans take pride in wouldn't be on the table if that were the case. There'd have been no Brad Banks, Dallas Clark etc etc...

All the hate is because he's white and a 2-star, let's face it. Kid hasn't even gotten here yet and he's deemed a fail by KF.

Let's face it, if you're a white receiver, you automatically start out a half-star behind in rankings due to conscious or subconscious bias. Kinda like it was 30 years ago with black quarterbacks.

I don't think the sentiment is of "hate" but of "disappointment" instead. We are trying to upgrade the WR position with this class and; at one point, it looked like we would. When Holmes decommited, that was a big, big loss. Now, we get a MAC flip and we seem to be at the same ol' same ol' with our WR recruiting. My speculation is that we are not sitting in the drivers seat with Martin, as, per other sites, he's adding more visits to his list, after visiting ND. Could we still land Martin? Of course. Is it a lock or likely? No.

Having said all of that, Cooper does show good talent with very good hands and a quick twitch and decisive first move. But his speed is average and he's small-ish. He is a slot receiver and a program kid.

cooper isn't even in the same zip code as brown. while you're point that there are good players coming out of the MAC is correct, to intimate that cooper is on par with brown, isn't.

He reminds me of American Family Insurance because every time I come to this thread I'm inundated with their ads.

Ads? There are ads on this site? I use Firefox on both my phone and my laptop and have the AdBlock Plus add-in. No ads show up at all.

cooper isn't even in the same zip code as brown. while you're point that there are good players coming out of the MAC is correct, to intimate that cooper is on par with brown, isn't.

I was just backing up a point that the MAC can produce good receivers. You really think I'm intimating Cooper is as good as Brown? Sheeez.

I was just backing up a point that the MAC can produce good receivers. You really think I'm intimating Cooper is as good as Brown? Sheeez.

SG, the comparison itself linked Coop to Brown. If that wasn't your intention, I got it now. The bottom line for me is that we've, effectively, replaced Holmes with Cooper. That is a huge drop off in potential talent. Neither has played a down in college, so it's all potential, at this point. But Holmes is a Brown type of player in that he's a home run WR and Cooper is a possession receiver. So, this is a recruiting failure, in my opinion, in a side-by-side comparison of both players. But again, Cooper is good, but Holmes is better; and in my opinion, much better.

SG, the comparison itself linked Coop to Brown. If that wasn't your intention, I got it now. The bottom line for me is that we've, effectively, replaced Holmes with Cooper. That is a huge drop off in potential talent. Neither has played a down in college, so it's all potential, at this point. But Holmes is a Brown type of player in that he's a home run WR and Cooper is a possession receiver. So, this is a recruiting failure, in my opinion, in a side-by-side comparison of both players. But again, Cooper is good, but Holmes is better; and in my opinion, much better.
Time will tell... And the thing is the coaches agreed with you. Hence why Holmes was offered and Cooper hadn't been till recently... But we have no idea what'll happen. Antonio Brown wasn't Antonio Brown till he'd been in the NFL a few yrs. He was a 6th rounder. This other kid that was at CMU. will get drafted higher than he was. But will he be anywhere near as good? I doubt it but who knows...

Holmes............Notre Dame must like him (along with many others) as they extended an offer to him in the last few days. It probably means they know they're not getting Martin (just kidding).

4.29 equal to the mythical Bo Jackson number at the combine a few years ago.or Deion Sanders in his prime.