New Uniforms???

Here is a Version I did with Black Pants, Standard Jersey......and one I did with an Alt. Jersey.

IOWAHAWKEYESBLACKOUTNikeFootballElite51Uniform.jpg
IOWAHAWKEYESBLACKOUT2NikeFootballElite51Uniform.jpg

I don't hate these...not bad for one game or two. Classic...but edgy.

Tbough ...tough to mess with classic stuff. Never mess with the helmet logo...except sir the Vet day Flag look...dug that.

Our uniforms are the best in college football. Don't change them ever, I don't even like the alternate/throw backs but I realize the program makes a bunch of money off them.

Get rid of the yellow stripes on the pants and switch the shoes to all black and I'd be alright with the change.

I'd like to see the stripes on the arm go or changed and do something with the stripe down the middle of the helmet. People say we should never change but Hayden was all about change hence how we go these unis in the first place. Why all of the sudden people are afraid when we did it before. Hayden preached change and mixing things up. No offense but our unis are not Penn st or ND who have had the same forever.

You guys do realize this thread was from last year, right? As long as KF is our coach, there's NO WAY we do anything like this....nor should we.
I actually think that we should do these. It has been researched and recruits actually consider these unique uniforms a factor when deciding on a school. This is why most schools are doing them. Lets stayup with the times like we have with our offensive schemes!

I'd like to see the stripes on the arm go or changed and do something with the stripe down the middle of the helmet. People say we should never change but Hayden was all about change hence how we go these unis in the first place. Why all of the sudden people are afraid when we did it before. Hayden preached change and mixing things up. No offense but our unis are not Penn st or ND who have had the same forever.
The general outline of the jersey has been the same for a very long time.

We cannot even change our mascot that looks like a jester from medieval times and you expect us to get flashy new jerseys? Dreamin....

I say keep the helmets as is... They are awesome. I'm ok with tweaking the jerseys, maybe having black pants to match the block tops. Just don't do anything like the banana peel look from the 1994 season or whatever year that was.

Last edited:
I'm always impressed by those who can photoshop different designs for jerseys. From an unbiased perspective, I really dig the ones without the white on the sleeves.

I wonder when, between now and never, they will wear them.

I like how they did not stray from essential traditional elements. sleve stripes, helmet stripe, pants stripe.

I think it would be really cool if they did all black like that for one game. Maybe the blackout game... would have been cooler than using red pom poms against Wisconsin. Looking back, I thought the silver helmets were really really cool too.

the university would never go for this...consider their taste...consider those vets day uniforms in 2012

Why does everyone want black jerseys? They look like **** and they don't intimidate anybody.

How about just all black, pants and jersey, all black shoes and socks, black stripes on the sleeves, black numbers, black tigerhawk on the helmet?
But seriously, how would it look to have black pants and gold jerseys? Also I like the picture posted by manofthehour, with the gold numbers and no white stripes on the sleeve.

Oh for Pete's sake! Why don't we just get to the point and do the whole ensemble in black wet-look, stretchy, looks like leather material. Slap a Hawkeye logo on the hip opposite the Nike check and go with the wet gold/white accents too. The helmet...yeah, all high high gloss. :)

I'd prefer our traditional uniforms. Send out a brochure recruits with our traditional uniforms and the name, picture, and position of every single player that has played in the NFL during the Ferentz era. The headline says, "No fluff, just millionaires".

Latest posts