New Uniforms???

here is the response Marc Moorhouse of the gazette sent me on the pic... From left Henry Krieger Coble, Jake Duzey, George Kittle, Ray Hamilton, I think walk-on Peter Pekar, CJF and Jon Wisnieski. I'm pretty sure that's the order. Maybe switch Pekar and Wisnieski.

Black #44 Jersey
on Nike.com $120
Iowa Book $90

http://thegazette.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/0901_SPO_IAFOOTBALLVSNIU04-842x1024.jpg
Nike Store. Nike Football Limited (Iowa) Men's Jersey

Neither are team worn replicas
http://bostonherald.com/sites/default/files/media/ap/2e56d12f935543e1b0050a25e9b57964.jpg

And this photo of Ruduck looks like the hawks wore black chrome helmets. just looks like it
http://thegazette.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/0901_SPO_IAFOOTBALLVSNIU04-842x1024.jpg
0901_SPO_IAFOOTBALLVSNIU04-842x1024.jpg

Man I hope they don't start screwing around with the unis I think they look good thecway they are.

I realize the reality factor---they are not changing... I get that.
However, this is a message board and this is kinda an interesting topic-- considering it's march and football news is SLOW :( I did not realize this was previously posted myself so i apologize in advance.

That being said.... this picture, That's a pretty awesome design---yeah, sure it's Oregonish--- but oregon isn't a bad team to really "compare" too i'd say?? Regardless--- The all black design with gold stripe is pretty bad a** and while i love all the tradition and history as much as the next hawk fan, nothing wrong with some change, espeically if it is helpful-- the tiger hawk logo should NEVER go away, i agree with that, but that helmet design and that uni design is nonetheless pretty dang sweet.

Picture1.png
I agree..i see nothing wrong with the entire uniform. I liked the 57' uniform we wore. I would keep our current helmet though. But to all the traditionalist out there. Our uniforms are not original..simply knock offs of the Steelers(sweet looking though)

The uniforms they came up last year were simply Oklahoma St horrible though.

here is the response Marc Moorhouse of the gazette sent me on the pic...From left Henry Krieger Coble, Jake Duzey, George Kittle, Ray Hamilton, I think walk-on Peter Pekar, CJF and Jon Wisnieski. I'm pretty sure that's the order. Maybe switch Pekar and Wisnieski.

Peter....pekar? I really really really hope his last name is pronounced the way I hope it is...edit: come on mom and dad....peter?..really?

Last edited:
I don't see how changing up the uniforms a bit would be anything but positive.

Oregon has stated multiple times that they've seen an uptick in recruiting and excitement in their fanbase because of their uniforms. Both of those sound like something Iowa needs right now.

I don't see how changing up the uniforms a bit would be anything but positive.

Oregon has stated multiple times that they've seen an uptick in recruiting and excitement in their fanbase because of their uniforms. Both of those sound like something Iowa needs right now.

You know Kirk would never go for that, so stop dreamin'. He's the vanilla killa.

If ya wanna see new uniforms every year maybe ya should be a clone fan.

Seriously though I hope the Iowa basketball uniforms can find some consistency that we're use to. Not sure how I feel about the triple arrows. Otherwise they're alright.

Would be nice if they did an alternate or something every now and then, like these maybe but with the tigerhawk on the helmet instead of the numbers.
stanziamerica.jpg

Latest posts