New Tradition

Well, despite the majority loving the wave, I still consider it patronizing.

I love the part that iowa built the Children's hospital to overlook the football field. I just hate the part where all the fans turn and wave at the sick children. It just makes me cringe. But oh well, its getting Iowa a lot of good publicity, so I decided to shut up about my own level of being uncomfortable with it. Moving on.
Should we cancel Christmas too?

Well, despite the majority loving the wave, I still consider it patronizing.

I love the part that iowa built the Children's hospital to overlook the football field. I just hate the part where all the fans turn and wave at the sick children. It just makes me cringe. But oh well, its getting Iowa a lot of good publicity, so I decided to shut up about my own level of being uncomfortable with it. Moving on.

Seriously? Had a child in multiple Children's Hospitals numerous times, sometimes for over 2 weeks. You have no clue what you are talking about. Doesn't sound like you've shut up about it. It is an awesome thing to do.

I had a brother in a coma for 2 1/2 years. The wave would have meant nothing to him, but might have meant a lot to my parents.

While I still think it's a "manufactured" tradition, it's bringing a ton of very positive publicity. It's also "re-highlighting" the Kid Captain concept. And it even has brought back mention of the Jack Hoffman TD at Nebby's Spring game.

Pretty hard to find fault with any of that...

I don't know. Call me cynical, but this just feels like something that could turn into a thing that is easily mocked or made fun of.

Nobody cares if you make fun of the jump around tradition. It does not really hurt anybody feelings if you make fun of jump around.

Maybe i should try to think more positively.
What’s the point - were all doomed.