New Song for The Swarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

FabFew

OK as much as I have thought it has been badass all these years that The Swarm came out of the tunnel at Kinnick to Back in Black I am afraid those days are over. Ebony and Ivory isn't gonna cut it in my book so we need to come up with the new song that The Swarm will enter Kinnick to. InGoodCo here is your chance to do something original? Otherwise I would like to hear what ideas you guys have. Go.

Long neck ice cold beer never broke my heart
Like diamond rings and football teams have torn this boy apart
Like a neon dream, it just dawned on me, that bars and this guitar
And long neck ice cold beer never broke my heart

How I view Iowa football under KF...

How about Back in Black followed by a video set to Enter Sandman?

Why are those days over? If the program gets it shit together and removes the cancerous staff why do they have to change anything.
I hear you Fry. I just think the hypersensitivity around the current environment is going to lead to some overreaching on what needs to change. I really hope the program uses this as an opportunity to get its shit together and leads by example on this.

These are things that need to be left alone or you're going to a alienate a lot of fans.

These are things that need to be left alone or you're going to a alienate a lot of fans.

While I totally understand where you're coming from and not necessarily disagreeing with you at what point do you change things up? The song is 40 years old and while it's a classic and a piece of Iowa football there may be other songs out there that could also fire up a stadium. Again I'm not saying I want things changed, but we're using a song that's twice as old as the players to get fired up for them to take the field.

I was thinking about this as well and I think we need something that shows out commitment to inclusion, but keeps the theme of black that goes with the uniforms and the old Back in Black song. My suggestion would be to hire this gentleman to perform this song at each game:

OK as much as I have thought it has been badass all these years that The Swarm came out of the tunnel at Kinnick to Back in Black I am afraid those days are over. Ebony and Ivory isn't gonna cut it in my book so we need to come up with the new song that The Swarm will enter Kinnick to. InGoodCo here is your chance to do something original? Otherwise I would like to hear what ideas you guys have. Go.

How about Eminem's Till I Collapse

It connects with a lot of demographics: White, middle-aged artist, singing a rap song that has a line in it about killing cops which will connect with the young generation.

From DMR:

Iowa strength coach Chris Doyle suggested “Back in Black,” Berg said, because the song played well for the players in the weight room.

It checked all the right boxes, said Mike Moriarity, HawkVision director. Big riff, anthemic rock song? Check. Popular across multiple generations? Check. Features one of the Hawkeyes' jersey colors in the song title? Bonus.

How about Eminem's Till I Collapse

It connects with a lot of demographics: White, middle aged artist, singing a rap song that has a line in it about killing cops which will connect with the young generation.
Eminem's music can be construed as cultural appropriation AND he was caught on tape saying the n-word once, so we cannot use anything by him. Thank you for thinking outside of the box, though.

Even I don't want to hear my band play when the Hawkeye's run out haha! I mean, I'd be honored and it'd be awesome and I appreciate the thought but those boys need something bumping and epic... my stuff's better to smoke a j or sip some whiskey to.

We are family!!

But I'll bite and suggest Run the Jewels or Kanye......both probably too forward thinking for Iowa football. I will never, and I mean NEVER forget when Iowa came out to "Old Time Rock and Roll" in either 13 or 14 against Michigan at half time. It was terrible and hilarious at the same time.

I hear you Fry. I just think the hypersensitivity around the current environment is going to lead to some overreaching on what needs to change. I really hope the program uses this as an opportunity to get its shit together and leads by example on this.
The program is bigger than Doyle or either of the Ferentzes or DJK. Players and fans have gotten rowdy to Back In Black for a long time and if there's one common theme to that entrance it's that everyone's pulse starts to rise, you get the butterflies in your tummy, and some ass kicking is more often than not (in the last few years) about to commence at a home game.

Keeping it would show that everyone's still in this shit together no matter what coach is on the sidelines, and getting rid of it would be admitting that we let this thing get the best of the program.

But I'll bite and suggest Run the Jewels or Kanye......both probably too forward thinking for Iowa football. I will never, and I mean NEVER forget when Iowa came out to "Old Time Rock and Roll" in either 13 or 14 against Michigan at half time. It was terrible and hilarious at the same time.
The only more hilarious one in sports is Nebraska stealing Sirius from the Bulls and acting like it was their idea.

I get a lot of joy from watching Scott Frost and his misfit toys come out of their fog machine tunnel with lights and lasers like they think they're The Who on the Quadrophenia tour...and then get beat by Troy.

The only more hilarious one in sports is Nebraska stealing Sirius from the Bulls and acting like it was their idea.

I get a lot of joy from watching Scott Frost and his misfit toys come out of their fog machine tunnel with lights and lasers like they think they're The Who on the Quadrophenia tour...and then get beat by Troy.

There's almost nothing more gratifying. ha -I've been catching some heat from my Husker co-workers this week over what's happening in IC. Thankfully JD Speilman left this week to give me some relief. I mean, Nebraska doesn't even have this mess we have and they are STILL losing their best black players.

Status
Not open for further replies.