New JuCo tragets

However, Coleman declined to identify the two players on Thursday other than saying one was from Texas, apparently at the request of the Iowa coaches.

Beas Hamga is in TX, so is Isaiah Rusher (New Mexico decommit).
Or, if it's a PG, Derron Hobbs maybe?

However, Coleman declined to identify the two players on Thursday other than saying one was from Texas, apparently at the request of the Iowa coaches.

Hamga signed with UAB.

Kind of got an "in your face" for the board here. I said last week that I didn't need to hear about every kid FM talked with until things got further along. I also wondered who had the loose lips and speculated that it was Van.

Well, this item seems to vindicate me more than a little.

Well I don't understand why Van Coleman telling fans about recruits would scare prospects away, however I do speculate that you're correct because the coaches told him to shut up and stop telling everyone about the recruits LOL.

Kind of got an "in your face" for the board here. I said last week that I didn't need to hear about every kid FM talked with until things got further along. I also wondered who had the loose lips and speculated that it was Van.

And yet no one cares...:D

Too many factors in play with JUCO's. Best to let the process play out and then announce when it is a done deal. You want people to know about your successes and be oblivious of the times when you are not successful.

As a fan, I like the information that is coming in but I am leaning towards telling Van to shut his pie hole. This could be the reason that previous coaches didn't deal with him.

Spanky, you'd better watch it with this kind of reckless speculation or your press credential will be pulled. :p

Rusher and McDonald were two of the kids that signed with UNM out of Houston. There is a long back story to this but to keep it brief his AAU coach was also hired by UNM at roughly the same time. The AAU coach is no longer on staff at UNM and Rusher shortly followed. I don't know what issues he had to deal with in Houston but that is what is referenced when he left the program. He had difficulty qualifying and was late to get on campus at UNM.

You're really pulling those strings from behind your keyboard. Give yourself a hand.

Latest posts