New Head Coach

When you have a contract structured such as Fran's there is no reason to leave. Not to mention, he has Barta's full support at this point. And quite honestly, if Barta's still around, not sure how hot the seat will be if they struggle next year. It will no doubt be hotter but would Barta be willing to pull the trigger on a firing? Meh, not sure I see that but....

When you have a contract structured such as Fran's there is no reason to leave. Not to mention, he has Barta's full support at this point. And quite honestly, if Barta's still around, not sure how hot the seat will be if they struggle next year. It will no doubt be hotter but would Barta be willing to pull the trigger on a firing? Meh, not sure I see that but....
If anything were to happen in that situation, it would probably have to start by firing Gary. Buyout Barta is never going to fire Fran.

steveforbes.jpg

Wow didn't know this little tidbit. From his Wiki page. Born in Lone Tree Iowa.

Born: March 22, 1965 (age 52), Lone Tree, IA
People will say we shouldn't take chances on another mid-major coach, but I wouldn't have any qualms with hiring Forbes.

People will say we shouldn't take chances on another mid-major coach, but I wouldn't have any qualms with hiring Forbes.

I think the fact that he was on the Texas A&M, Tennessee, and Wichita State staffs, 3 really good programs, really helps. He's been around big time basketball in the SEC and Big 12.

He’s a mid major coach, but he’s recruited the best of the best at Tennessee. He understands the caliber of player it takes to win at a power 5.