New CyHawk Trophy Revealed

I never thought you could find a way to make the old Cy-Hawk trophy look good.

Seriously, this thing needs to be destroyed after the game this year. This is the worst trophy in the history of sports, or at least it's close. Did you guys ask the Big 10's branding authority to help with this?

OK so help me out here. Is that dad on one knee? Explaining to wife, son with Mao hat on and daughter 'This is corn".? Or is it single mom, son and daughter out at the local farm for field trip and farmer Brown is saying. "this is corn"?
You know what Confucious say....
Boy with hands in pocket feeling a little cocky

I think its actually a starving depression era family huddled around its last bushel of corn, trying to come to grips with the decision to eat their youngest child.

Someone needs to realize this is about football! I would almost wage that keeping the old one over this one would be better. I get that someone out there is trying to speak about the Iowa values, but were talking about a FOOTBALL trophy. I think FOOTBALL should be somewhere in this trophy. Instead of having a committee come together and draft this thing up, (using a bunch of people who have never played the game) why don't we let alum of both schools who played football redesign this thing. Really disappointed in this over priced piece of junk. Football players want to play for bronze pig, an Axe, a jug, or a Bull, something that is tough and speaks towards football. They don't want to play for whatever this thing is.

This is just brutal. Someone tell the idiots that designed that trophy that it was supposed to be for a college football game. They apparantly didn't get the memo.

I think Iowa will have to pull out the old -- "it is too special to display so we keep it safe in the attic"

OMG! Awful. Just awful. Please do not tell me that Barta and Pollard signed off on this. Do they even realize what an effin joke this will be to the rest of the nation when shown on national TV? I like Koolaid's suggestion: keep it in a special place in the attic.

Corn Growers, if you're going in that direction, here's something that better reflects Iowa values. Model a trophy around this:

url

That piece of garbage makes the old trophy look like The Statue Of David.

It amazes me how crap like this and the "Hero's" and "Legend's" gets approved.

:mad:

Yay! More corn!!!

This is all getting too "corny". The Iowa Corn Promotion Board and the Iowa Corn Growers Association are taking over the Iowa football program. They sure seem to have a lot of money to throw around these days.

The AD has "sold" them advertising space on the Iowa football helmet itself (ANF stckers), introduced an annual ANF game, and now with any luck we'll get to have that Cornman mascot at every home game at our newly renamed Corn Hole Stadium. Maybe they'll just change the name from Hawkeyes to Corngrowers (Cornhuskers already being taken).

Well, they have finally done it. They did something that could bring Clones and Hawks together in unity and put their differences aside. Both sides agree that this the biggest p.o.s. trophy ever. They might as well get my clay pinch pot I made in art class in elementary school, it relates the same way to a football game as this does.

Latest posts