New Commit TUESDAY!!

Took the 7 day trial on rivals, from a poster who is best friends with the assistant coach at Montini. The assistant coach said J.J. loved his visit to Iowa City and has already given the Iowa coaches his decision. Definitely a good sign.

Jaleel Johnson 4* DT and 140 rated overall player in the country out of Chicago will verbal to Iowa on Tuesday.

we don't have many spots open, so its good to a big name early. there might not be much room left come september.

Jaleel Johnson 4* DT and 140 rated overall player in the country out of Chicago will verbal to Iowa on Tuesday.
Well I certainly hope your right!
JJ,Cooper, Davis and maybe Schutt! Add in some good play from the DE position and WOW!
We are really beginning to form a strong group of players that could give us what would be considered 2nd first teamers. I hope that Iowa keeps adding this level of players to the team AND begins to put some faith in them to play more. I truly believe it is the single best measure of a team that reloads and not rebuilds.

To add further "evidence" ....

MSU fans who were once cocky about their odds of landing Jaleel Johnson are now claiming that MSU has "backed away" from him .... in other words, my bet is that Jaleel will be Iowa bound!

Well I certainly hope your right!
JJ,Cooper, Davis and maybe Schutt! Add in some good play from the DE position and WOW!
We are really beginning to form a strong group of players that could give us what would be considered 2nd first teamers. I hope that Iowa keeps adding this level of players to the team AND begins to put some faith in them to play more. I truly believe it is the single best measure of a team that reloads and not rebuilds.

We still need more depth on the DL (particularly at DT) ... however, I'm very excited about landing JJ.

Right off the top of my head, here are the top guys who will be vying for starting spots come 2013:

pure DT:
Jaleel Johnson [RS FR or SO]
Darian Cooper [SO or JR]
Carl Davis [JR]

Strongside DE and/or DT:
Mike Hardy [JR]
Louis Trinca-Pasat [JR]
Cole Heissel [JR]
Dean Tsopanides [SO]

DEs:
Dominic Alvis [SR]
John Raymon [SO]
Rilely McMinn [SO]
Drew Ott [RS FR]

I really like the overall talent-level, but we're definitely going to need more depth at BOTH DE and DT!

Sounds like a foregone conclusion based on what you guys are saying..

But, has it been psuedo/officially announced yet?

We still need more depth on the DL (particularly at DT) ... however, I'm very excited about landing JJ.

Right off the top of my head, here are the top guys who will be vying for starting spots come 2013:

pure DT:
Jaleel Johnson [RS FR or SO]
Darian Cooper [SO or JR]
Carl Davis [JR]

Strongside DE and/or DT:
Mike Hardy [JR]
Louis Trinca-Pasat [JR]
Cole Heissel [JR]
Dean Tsopanides [SO]

DEs:
Dominic Alvis [SR]
John Raymon [SO]
Rilely McMinn [SO]
Drew Ott [RS FR]

I really like the overall talent-level, but we're definitely going to need more depth at BOTH DE and DT!

Is Donovan Johnson still on the team? I never heard what ended up happening with that situation.

My Spidey-sense is telling me this isn't happening today...or maybe it's because it's almost 7:30 at night and not a peep is to be heard about it.

Latest posts