new coach at Iowa

Tierney

Iowa is bringing in an unpaid high school coach from Illinois this year. I suppose it means one of the coaches at Iowa is going to retire in the near future. Ryan Webber from East Moline.

As much as I give Fran a bad time you do have to give him credit when you look at the recruits he has brought into the program compared to the dumpster he got from Lickliter.

I wish that we would stop comparing Fran to Lickliter. Lickliter was a terrible coach and recruiter and was the coach at Iowa during some of the worst seasons of Iowa basketball history. Why should we compare Fran to literally one of the worst coaches we have ever seen at Iowa? Of course he has been better than Lickliter, but is that really a compliment that Fran wants on his resume? "Was a better coach than Todd Lickliter" doesn't really jump off the page.

I wish that we would stop comparing Fran to Lickliter. Lickliter was a terrible coach and recruiter and was the coach at Iowa during some of the worst seasons of Iowa basketball history. Why should we compare Fran to literally one of the worst coaches we have ever seen at Iowa? Of course he has been better than Lickliter, but is that really a compliment that Fran wants on his resume? "Was a better coach than Todd Lickliter" doesn't really jump off the page.

When I read it, BigD wasn't comparing him to Lickliter. He was actually complimenting him and saying that he recruited a lot better players. I think he was agreeing with ya or making the point before you did.

When I read it, BigD wasn't comparing him to Lickliter. He was actually complimenting him and saying that he recruited a lot better players. I think he was agreeing with ya or making the point before you did.

Exactly correct.