New BBall Recruit!!!

Seriously. Please help me understand why you Cyclone fans spend so much time on an Iowa Hawkeye board. Is there really nothing else going on in your life? The last thing on earth I would ever waste my time doing is posting on a Cyclone board.

I think the kid has quite a bit of potential. He can get up and down the court quickly and that is what we want. Yeah 165 lbs is small, especially for the Big Ten, but if you get him in the weight room, he will have 4-5 years to bulk up. Also, you can't teach a first step like that. You either have it or you don't.

Seriously. Please help me understand why you Cyclone fans spend so much time on an Iowa Hawkeye board. Is there really nothing else going on in your life? The last thing on earth I would ever waste my time doing is posting on a Cyclone board.

It's because of their inferiority complex. ISU fans over compensate because of the advanced state of discouragement.

I think the kid has quite a bit of potential. He can get up and down the court quickly and that is what we want. Yeah 165 lbs is small, especially for the Big Ten, but if you get him in the weight room, he will have 4-5 years to bulk up. Also, you can't teach a first step like that. You either have it or you don't.

I agree... I think iowa recruited this kid on potential and to fill out the roster. He really doesn't look very athletic but looks like a hard worker with a pretty good shot. At best he backs up cartwright until fran's able to recruit over him, probably see him transfer after a couple years for more playing time.

I agree... I think iowa recruited this kid on potential and to fill out the roster. He really doesn't look very athletic but looks like a hard worker with a pretty good shot. At best he backs up cartwright until fran's able to recruit over him, probably see him transfer after a couple years for more playing time.

The kid in interview said he just wants a good college education. So I dont really think that is his concern. He'd make a valuable addition for depth even if we do recruit over him.

I don't know if he would want to transfer per say, I guess that depends on how much he is used in his earlier years. If he plays some as a freshman and sophomore and then gets passed on the depth chart by a younger player, then yeah he might want to transfer. But if all he wants to do is go to college and be given the opportunity to play basketball, but doesn't move up the depth chart, maybe he sees it as just a way to pay for college and sticks it out. Way too early to tell but I don't see how recruiting him would be a bad move right now.

A solid Juco point is what you guys need then hopefully you can pick up a high school stud in your 2012 class. Who backs up cartwright now?

Latest posts