New AP Poll - Iowa In The Top 10

Amazing. I think we may have passed the Alford plateau that we hit in the 2005-2006 season. This is incredible.

Man I thought 11 or 12 but this is great. Cant wait for the Hawks to beat Michigan.

You think that will happen? I have to admit Michigan scares the hell out of me. Stauskas has stepped it up big time this year but I think Iowa is one of the few teams that can defend him.

This game has me nervous.

As long as Iowa plays well I don't mind a loss.... Road wins in conference are always a bonus.

Can we win? Of course.

They have shown they can.

You think that will happen? I have to admit Michigan scares the hell out of me. Stauskas has stepped it up big time this year but I think Iowa is one of the few teams that can defend him.

This game has me nervous.

I think Michigan has played some of their better ball since the conference season started. That said, if we're "worthy" of the ranking we need to prove it. I'm excited for the game, especially with Michigan undefeated in conference play. We lost to Wiscy and they slip down the Big Ten ladder. The best way for us to climb is knocking off the guys in front of us and picking up a few more quality wins on the road while continuing the home winning streak. Can't wait for Wednesday.

I don't see a lot of upward movement even assuming a UM/NU sweep this week. SDSU may trip, and I think Iowa jumps them anyway two weeks from now if Iowa beats Michigan State. I think the best we can realistically hope for is #9 when Michigan State comes to town next Tuesday. When was the last time CHA had a top ten showdown?

I was kinda expecting Minnesota to get a vote or 2. The 21 point loss yesterday must have turned voters off. I think they can beat Wisconsin on Wednesday.

I don't see a lot of upward movement even assuming a UM/NU sweep this week. SDSU may trip, and I think Iowa jumps them anyway two weeks from now if Iowa beats Michigan State. I think the best we can realistically hope for is #9 when Michigan State comes to town next Tuesday. When was the last time CHA had a top ten showdown?

I posted this in another thread last week and I can't remember which one. But it was the early 90's the last time Iowa was ranked in the top 10 and hosted another top 10 team.

I posted this in another thread last week and I can't remember which one. But it was the early 90's the last time Iowa was ranked in the top 10 and hosted another top 10 team.

I think it was the first home game after Street's death in 1993 against the Fab 5. I think we were ranked #10 and Michigan was ranked #5.

I think it was the first home game after Street's death in 1993 against the Fab 5. I think we were ranked #10 and Michigan was ranked #5.

Yep, that was the last time and that was an emotional game for Iowa. That was Michigans Fab 5 team that they defeated.

I was kinda expecting Minnesota to get a vote or 2. The 21 point loss yesterday must have turned voters off. I think they can beat Wisconsin on Wednesday.

I thought they deserved some votes too.

As for the Iowa/Mich game, I think we have a 40-45% chance of winning. If we don't, no big deal, let's take care of NW and beat MSU at home. If we do beat Mich, that's gravy.

Latest posts