Need another 70,000 plus at Kinnick Saturday!!

Would agree let's make them $30, and fill Kinnick.. I am long time season ticket holder, who cares if ticket prices are lower, just get it full and enjoy history.

Haven't they done something similar for a few men's BB games over the past couple years? Something like ESPN was in town, so they let all the students in free? Perhaps the Athletic Department has a precedent for such things. A couple of positives from a last-minute, surprise price reduction: 1) full stadium, 2) getting $30 for a ticket is better than it going unsold.

It seems like they have been thinking about the fans a bit more this year, maybe this could happen.

I mean no offense: Why in the world do people fuss about what they pay for a football game ticket, when their alcohol/food bill is usually higher than the ticket price? What about gas for your vehicle? Do you stay over and pay for a motel room? Do you pay to park your vehicle? What is your total outlay and what per cent is the actual cost of a ticket?

I hear the same noise from the guys who complain about the cost of a Canadian fishing license, or a South Dakota pheasant hunting license, while their "other" expenses run $1000 plus. Sorry, but this confuses me.

Remember that every time you buy a football or basketball ticket, much of the proceeds go to room, board and tuition for a student athlete who works a 50+ hour week going to school and participating in a Division 1 sport. Come on guys!

I mean no offense: Why in the world do people fuss about what they pay for a football game ticket, when their alcohol/food bill is usually higher than the ticket price? What about gas for your vehicle? Do you stay over and pay for a motel room? Do you pay to park your vehicle? What is your total outlay and what per cent is the actual cost of a ticket?

I hear the same noise from the guys who complain about the cost of a Canadian fishing license, or a South Dakota pheasant hunting license, while their "other" expenses run $1000 plus. Sorry, but this confuses me.

Remember that every time you buy a football or basketball ticket, much of the proceeds go to room, board and tuition for a student athlete who works a 50+ hour week going to school and participating in a Division 1 sport. Come on guys!
I disagree my alcohol and food bill isn't more than the ticket price.If your only buying one ticket not a big deal however if you have a wife and kids it can add up.Everyone has to make hard choices and what's important to them and their family.

How much would it cost to install heated bleachers/seats?

C'mon, your kidding of course. the Mich game in 2013 had the coldest temps and wind chills ever recorded for a game at Kinnick but I was warm enough, especially with the 2nd half comeback.

Long underwear, several layers, windproof windbreaker and snowpants, insulated shoes = totally fine.

It is supposed to be 40ish for the game vs 12 degrees in 2013, buck up and go.

LOL I just bought #4 under armour pants and top for games like this.I can't walk very well with all of it on but I will be warm.G o Hawks

I disagree my alcohol and food bill isn't more than the ticket price.If your only buying one ticket not a big deal however if you have a wife and kids it can add up.Everyone has to make hard choices and what's important to them and their family.

Good point. I was thinking about the issue in terms of one person.

Well, weather does not look great, but not the worst, but who cares let's get 70,000 plus, this is a once in a lifetime season..

Go Hawks!!

How about this for motivation? The Hawks are playing for a B1G west title and spot in the National Sweet 16! Go Hawks! Keep it going!

The wife and I will be there along with the wife's sister and brother in law. This will be the in-laws first time at kinnick.

Time to only charge students for 6 games then and have this last home game be the one that only people with Iowa zip codes/Alumni can buy up until the day before kick-off (for future years where Nebby is the last game).

This way the Nebby fans can't get tickets through our ticket office. Make them pay ridiculous amounts on Stub Hub from Iowa ticket holders who are dumb enough to sell them to Husker fans.

Good points.

I think they should just give away student tickets for this Saturday. A reward for a great season!

Would agree Hawks are 10-0, and #5 in the country, and a strong shot at 11-0, see they are down to 8000 tickets now, come on UI athletic department let's run, a special of some sort and get Kinnick full!!!

Go Hawks!!

Another reason to show at Kinnick for final home and sr day......it will stop the yapping heads, eg. espn, from critizing IA for not selling out and/or following their team like the esecpn.

five1pm-jpg.jpg

5-8" in the IC area if this turns southwards. Ouch.

Even if it doesn't it could keep many from traveling to the game. It's a high of around 25 for Saturday. Will keep more away. Too bad...unless we win.

I can't believe Purdue's players will be very excited to travel to Iowa to play in the Arctic.

It looks like it is going to be really cold Saturday, and some snow Friday night...Will be driving in from Chicago earlier on Friday, and beat some of the weather Go Hawks..

Saw a post that said Hawkeye fan's should invade Lincoln, I agree, but how about Invading Kinnick first.

With this weather situation UI athletic department, should discount tickets big for the game Saturday, and get as many local fans as possible.

I thought I read a tweet yesterday that they sold out but I went back to try to find it and I couldn't.

Was I dreaming?? Any update on # of tickets left?