NEBRASKA

Because I don't think you looked good at Happy Valley. You won and that's all that mattered but you were losing heading into the 4th quarter of that game.

Same for Madison. Losing at halftime and the tides turned when Wisconsin's RB got hurt

Now you guys did look good in that Ames game if I remember correctly. Which no matter how much liquor I drink...I still remember;)

Right at the beginning of the 2nd quarter of the PSU game, ABC ran a graphic showing the stats to that point. One stuck out, and that was that Penn State had something like an 11-4 or 10-5 advantage in TOP. When the game was over, Iowa had turned that into a 31-29 advantage. Iowa's defense dominated the final three quarters and choked them out. But if you don't think beating the 5th ranked team in the country in their own building, the year after costing them a shot at the national championship, I won't try to convince you otherwise. Never mind the way the game started, or that Iowa went from unranked to 17th after that game.

This is where your lack of football knowledge becomes apparent. The tides turning had zero to do with Clay getting hurt and everything to do with the adjustments Iowa made at halftime on defense. The front 7 was trying to raise too much hell in the first half and forgetting their responsibilities. They were over-pursuing the entire first half and Clay took advantage of it by making great cutbacks. The coaches (and announcer even I believe) noticed this and the players corrected it. They then made sure every time Clay touched the ball he got pounded. His vulnerability shows when he gets shut down and hit hard... he's a quitter.

What you have said is perhaps one of the dumber things I have ever read on a message board.

The Hawk defenders MADE SURE that every time Clay touched the ball he got pounded? Why didn't they do that the first time? That sounds so easy to do! Haha. Give me a break dude

Because I don't think you looked good at Happy Valley. You won and that's all that mattered but you were losing heading into the 4th quarter of that game.

Same for Madison. Losing at halftime and the tides turned when Wisconsin's RB got hurt

Now you guys did look good in that Ames game if I remember correctly. Which no matter how much liquor I drink...I still remember;)

Wisky was ahead 3-0 when Clay went down. And he played in all 4 quarters in the game, but was largely ineffective in the final 3 quarters.

Funny that you don't think a team that beat 3 top 15 teams played very well in any of them. It appears to me that someone has the blinders on. Not sure who they would have to beat or how they would have to play when they beat them for you to think they played well.

Wisky was ahead 3-0 when Clay went down. And he played in all 4 quarters in the game, but was largely ineffective in the final 3 quarters.

Funny that you don't think a team that beat 3 top 15 teams played very well in any of them. It appears to me that someone has the blinders on. Not sure who they would have to beat or how they would have to play when they beat them for you to think they played well.

Not to stir the pot but iowa did have over half there games become close calls. As my hawkeye fans at work say, a wins a win. But you still need to look on how close you came to losing those games also. Nebraska could of been 13-1 last year if they would of completed a couple plays and put just 3 more points on the board on either the Texas, Va Tech or IA State game. But we couldn't, thought the hawkeyes did. You say nebraska doesn't belong there. Well maybe we don't but you've got to look at what the hawkeyes did last year. Though a good season, there were many close calls that would of made it a bad one as well.

Not to stir the pot but iowa did have over half there games become close calls. As my hawkeye fans at work say, a wins a win. But you still need to look on how close you came to losing those games also. Nebraska could of been 13-1 last year if they would of completed a couple plays and put just 3 more points on the board on either the Texas, Va Tech or IA State game. But we couldn't, thought the hawkeyes did. You say nebraska doesn't belong there. Well maybe we don't but you've got to look at what the hawkeyes did last year. Though a good season, there were many close calls that would of made it a bad one as well.

Or we could have got a couple more breaks and went undefeated. It works both ways.

Why can't people just accept fact as fact? If they played by buts and what if's everyone would be undefeated. That's not the case, you say what you want, but the boys left everything on the field.

Every year, opposing fans think the Hawks win through luck and serendipity. Let them think what they like, I'll enjoy the wins.

Cyclones17
The point of my post was that Clay's injury had nothing to do with the success Iowa's defense had in the 2nd half. Saying that they made a point to pound on him was simply stating the obvious I admit (anyone who has watched Iowa football knows that physicality is always emphasized). He's talented, but in the 2nd half Iowa stayed fundamentally sound and it didn't matter who the RB was there wasn't many holes to run through (Clay may have eeked out an extra yard each time because of his size/strength I'll give you that).

Latest posts