Nebraska Week: Ferentz or Pelini

Might be beneficial for the Hawks to make the coaching swap. Ferentz would most likely bench Abdullah, Bell, and Gregory for having to much talent. Pelini would immediately re-instate and start Willies at wide receiver and maybe make a QB change if necessary.

The U would probably have to pay 6 mill or so to average 9-3. Please explaine to me how a coach with a poorer winning percentage is better than one with a better one. Yes, give me Bo please at least fans could get excited again. I respect what KF has done, but the numbers aren't lieing here.

The U would probably have to pay 6 mill or so to average 9-3. Please explaine to me how a coach with a poorer winning percentage is better than one with a better one. Yes, give me Bo please at least fans could get excited again. I respect what KF has done, but the numbers aren't lieing here.
No way, man. I ain't happy with Kirk these past 5 years either, but Pelini is a doosh. His teams have looked like fools a few times, but also had some hard fought comebacks. I'm not sure I want him to stay at Nebraska or not, 'cuz I think he may eventually clear the hurdle.

I think Friday's game should be a retirement match ala The Macho Man vs The Ultimate Warrior. Loser goes into broadcasting.

He may be a ******, but he wins, and I want to Win more than win Mr. Congeniality of the B1G. Plus it's diffrerent when the coach is your ******. I got no problem with a guy who says it lik it is every now and then.

I want to win too, but I don't think we need a coach who spit-screams into his players faces. We have enough player retention problems around here as it is.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm with the majority that says stay with KF. Pelini will toy with your emotion by mercilessly running up the score on terrible teams only to see those expectations come crashing back to earth when they consistently lose 3 or 4 games a year. Despite the difference in winning percentages, I still haven't seen Nebby in a hunt for an NC, which is ultimately what I really want.

You have to be pretty dumb to think that Kirk is currently a better coach than Pelini. Like really, super-duper dumb.

Yeah I'm with the majority that says stay with KF. Pelini will toy with your emotion by mercilessly running up the score on terrible teams...
Dear God, that sounds awful. I'd much rather be in tight games with, and occasionally lose to, those teams.

Dear God, that sounds awful. I'd much rather be in tight games with, and occasionally lose to, those teams.

Wasn't necessarily going that direction. But lets be honest how worked up about how good their program is do bugeaters get by chest thumping absolute beatdowns over mediocre foes. Look at the McNeese St game, we never get that type of national fallout after a win then they did that day.

My point was why trade for similar results? I'd just rather have a shot at a "homerun" choice that could get to or win a NC. I just don't see Bo being that guy. Don't see it being KF either.

Wasn't necessarily going that direction. But lets be honest how worked up about how good their program is do bugeaters get by chest thumping absolute beatdowns over mediocre foes. Look at the McNeese St game, we never get that type of national fallout after a win then they did that day. My point was why trade for similar results? I'd just rather have a shot at a "homerun" choice that could get to or win a NC. I just don't see Bo being that guy. Don't see it being KF either.
Iowa is never going to win an NC, so just get that nonsense out of your head right now. KF loses to good teams as well as crappy ones, while Bo only loses to good ones. This is the 5th consecutive year that KF will not have won 9 games, while Bo has done so every single one of those years while playing an equivalent, or even harder schedule (old B12 days). Bo is clearly the better coach between the two, which is the question being posited in this thread, not which one of them is more likely to win an NC. As far as the McNeese game, Iowa had a far worse performance against a far worse team (Ball St) on that same day, but it didn't get any national play because Iowa is completely irrelevant on a national scale.

Iowa is never going to win an NC, so just get that nonsense out of your head right now. KF loses to good teams as well as crappy ones, while Bo only loses to good ones. This is the 5th consecutive year that KF will not have won 9 games, while Bo has done so every single one of those years while playing an equivalent, or even harder schedule (old B12 days). Bo is clearly the better coach between the two, which is the question being posited in this thread, not which one of them is more likely to win an NC. As far as the McNeese game, Iowa had a far worse performance against a far worse team (Ball St) on that same day, but it didn't get any national play because Iowa is completely irrelevant on a national scale.

I don't have a problem with anything that you are stating. Good points.

You missed the fact where I commented on that in my next post. In no way am I saying that the loses balance themselves out or that KF is a better coach. That said to compare a coaches success at Nebby vs a coach at Iowa and ruling that coach as "clearly the better of the two" may not have much merit. Nebby as you said is relevant on a national level where as Iowa is not. I'm not sure Bo made Nebby relevant or keeps them there and as a brand name Nebby does carry more national appeal. In terms of coaching ability I'm not so sure that Bo would have success at Iowa or that KF would with a blueblood. In my opinion to be even a conference contender, forget NC, you have to successfully beat good opponents and I'm not sure either coach can consistently do that.

You missed the fact where I commented on that in my next post. In no way am I saying that the loses balance themselves out or that KF is a better coach. That said to compare a coaches success at Nebby vs a coach at Iowa and ruling that coach as "clearly the better of the two" may not have much merit. Nebby as you said is relevant on a national level where as Iowa is not. I'm not sure Bo made Nebby relevant or keeps them there and as a brand name Nebby does carry more national appeal. In terms of coaching ability I'm not so sure that Bo would have success at Iowa or that KF would with a blueblood. In my opinion to be even a conference contender, forget NC, you have to successfully beat good opponents and I'm not sure either coach can consistently do that.
This is an excellent point.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by bigjim
No way! Pelini is a idiot!
I don't think Kirk is exactly a rocket surgeon.

I think he's a brain scientist, though.