Nebraska sure looks beatable

Remember, if Iowa wins next week, it will be the FiRST TiME in KF's coaching tenure where he was able to break his three year 8 wins or more swoon.

It really is a huge statement game.

Watched the Huskers/Lions game last night. I think Nebby is beatable. Their perceived weakness is our strength - that is the power run game. PSU's Zwinak looks to be cast from the same mould as MW. He seemed to have great success between the tackles. The Huskers have speed at the edges so it will be a total waste of time to try and run the stretch play w/ MW. I'm not even sure if Canzeri would get the corner turned and there is no way Weisman even gets to the corner.

You have to appreciate the Hawkeye interior DL after watching PSU blow hole after hole in the Nebraska DL. Both Weisman and Daniels should be able to get yards in the middle, lots of yards.

Statistically they are nowhere nearly as good as the Wolverine's rushing defense. I didn't see anyone get 200 yards on UM this year but multiple teams have gone 200+ on Nebby. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 200+ yd rushing game by the Hawks against this outfit. It's going to take around 50 carries to get there. Just run downhill right at them.

Change of pace running will work once the inside run is established. The TEs are going to be critical blocking LBs. This will be the perfect setup for JC if he can hide behind the OL and spot the holes because Nebby closes those quickly. If he can get past the line, and the TEs are keeping the LBs busy, he should be able to get into the secondary mulitple times. Their LBs are super quick so play action is a must. Ruddock is going to have to sell the throw. Bullock in the slot. Can you say "Wheel Route"?

On the other side of the ball Abdullah is a real threat. Best to just keep him off the field because he, IMO, will be the best back the Hawks have seen this year. That said, their OL is pretty average.

The Husker QB situation would seem to indicate that Kellog III would do best against our secondary. He has a good arm and there are several good WRs to throw to. They will score quickly when they do, they seemed to be in the hurry-up for most of the game last night. Expect AA to break a big run or two, then the Huskers will get off a big pass play to capitalize on it in very little time. They will use tempo to try and overcome power.

Going to be a classic game. Hope we see the 13 formation and lots of the 12 formation. Power vs. Speed baby!

For the most part i agree with bitmap. How do you stop nebbys run? Dont let them get outside. Kellog got his bell rung yesterday, so if he plays put him down hard, and i mean hard and early.
I know we can stop their run.

Watched the Huskers/Lions game last night. I think Nebby is beatable. Their perceived weakness is our strength - that is the power run game. PSU's Zwinak looks to be cast from the same mould as MW. He seemed to have great success between the tackles. The Huskers have speed at the edges so it will be a total waste of time to try and run the stretch play w/ MW. I'm not even sure if Canzeri would get the corner turned and there is no way Weisman even gets to the corner.

You have to appreciate the Hawkeye interior DL after watching PSU blow hole after hole in the Nebraska DL. Both Weisman and Daniels should be able to get yards in the middle, lots of yards.

Statistically they are nowhere nearly as good as the Wolverine's rushing defense. I didn't see anyone get 200 yards on UM this year but multiple teams have gone 200+ on Nebby. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 200+ yd rushing game by the Hawks against this outfit. It's going to take around 50 carries to get there. Just run downhill right at them.

Change of pace running will work once the inside run is established. The TEs are going to be critical blocking LBs. This will be the perfect setup for JC if he can hide behind the OL and spot the holes because Nebby closes those quickly. If he can get past the line, and the TEs are keeping the LBs busy, he should be able to get into the secondary mulitple times. Their LBs are super quick so play action is a must. Ruddock is going to have to sell the throw. Bullock in the slot. Can you say "Wheel Route"?

On the other side of the ball Abdullah is a real threat. Best to just keep him off the field because he, IMO, will be the best back the Hawks have seen this year. That said, their OL is pretty average.

The Husker QB situation would seem to indicate that Kellog III would do best against our secondary. He has a good arm and there are several good WRs to throw to. They will score quickly when they do, they seemed to be in the hurry-up for most of the game last night. Expect AA to break a big run or two, then the Huskers will get off a big pass play to capitalize on it in very little time. They will use tempo to try and overcome power.

Going to be a classic game. Hope we see the 13 formation and lots of the 12 formation. Power vs. Speed baby!

Good post.

Only thing I disagree with is the best RB.... I say that goes to Hyde of OSU.

Latest posts