Nebraska sure looks beatable

So far, in BigTen play, Iowa has not scored more than 3 TD in any game other than Purdue. Time to crank it up and finish drives.

You've obviously been smoking alot of POT today. 4 TOs and maybe the worst half of football I've ever seen!

True, but you have to remember that it was the Iowa D that held them to only those 46 total yards in the second half and made them look so pathetic.

True, but you have to remember that it was the Iowa D that held them to only those 46 total yards in the second half and made them look so pathetic.

Yes but there is no way Iowa will win in Lincoln....I was at the game in Kinnick last year a very winnable game our offense was so bad we made Nebraska look great. It will happen again...we've failed to score more than 7 points against a mediocre Nebraska D 2 years in a row....it will happen again on Friday.

Nebraska 24 Hawks 9 (we will move the ball on several occassions only to have GD brain fart causing us to take 3 FG instead of TDs.)

I can't see us winning in Lincoln either, Iowa fails to put teams away and/or take advantage of great field position constantly. So many times we haven't been able to get that third down conversion in the redzone. Nebraska has been sticking around all year long and pulling a couple of miracle plays to win. Reminds me of the Wisconsin game in the first half, 3 times in the redzone and come up with 6 points, Wisc blowing it all half and then one big play and they're leading and never look back.

Amazed that a win at Nebraska could propel us to the Outback Bowl.
I know Husker fans travel great, but the Outback seems to have a soft spot for us.
IMO, the whole bowl experience with the Outback Bowl is the best of the bowls.

Debbie has had lady luck on their side the last 3 weeks.
If Ray Finkel hits that extra point, Penn State wins today.
We know about the "Hail Mary" against Northwestern and the multiple 4th downs they picked up against Michigan.
I just don't see them doing it 4 weeks in a row.

I had more concern about the Michigan game than the Debbie game, because we don't play well against running QBs and haven't looked great at Kinnick.
From the Leaders division, Nebraska played Illannoy and Penn State. Iowa played Wisconsin and Ohio State.
Nebraska has beaten the same common opponents, except Minnesota, which Iowa dominated and Nebraska lost.
I think that Nebraska will probably be a 2-3 point favorite this Saturday.

Granted, defenses can look good against Michigan nowadays, but was surprised to hear before the game, that Iowa was the #9 overall defense in the country.
Taking everything into consideration, we should beat Nebraska.

Nebraska and Michigan State both benefited from not having to take losses to Wisconsin and Ohio State. Wisconsin's only shot at Indy was through Ohio State and they lost that one. Michigan State might have had a shot at those games but Nebraska would have taken two losses for sure. The only reason Nebraska was even a contender was because they didn't have to take those two losses. Michigan State and Ohio State will be a good match up.

I'm looking forward to the game already.

Iowa has a real shot in that game. Here's to Iowa's showing who the real blackshirts belong to!

There's a caller, who's a big Nebraska fan, that always every Monday into the daily College Sports Report show on the radio in Nashville.
He has wanted Pelini fired, since the Minnesota game, and Voldemort has had lady luck these last 3 weeks.
After that Hail Mary against Northwestern, half of Lincoln was disappointed, because it meant that Voldemort would be back another season.
Loved the worst 8-3 team versus the best 7-4 team line.

We're a good team (not great, good) at some point this message board will get it. They will get it on black Friday when we kick some Husker ***.

You can bet they will be bringing the blitzes after watching today's film, and also have one of the best rush ends in the conference. I hope Rudock doesn't give too many gifts next week. Iowa D needs to hold back their running game, and the O needs to avoid repeating the pathetic showings of the last two years.

Yes but there is no way Iowa will win in Lincoln....I was at the game in Kinnick last year a very winnable game our offense was so bad we made Nebraska look great. It will happen again...we've failed to score
more than 7 points against a mediocre Nebraska D 2 years in a row....it will happen again on Friday.

So much fail in this post. There's no way Iowa can win in Lincoln? Really? Northwestern won in Lincoln without a fluke hail mary completion. Quit talking out of your rear.

Yes but there is no way Iowa will win in Lincoln....I was at the game in Kinnick last year a very winnable game our offense was so bad we made Nebraska look great. It will happen again...we've failed to score more than 7 points against a mediocre Nebraska D 2 years in a row....it will happen again on Friday.

By all means, then, stfu and go shopping on Friday. You clearly don't need to watch the game.

Latest posts