Nebraska could very well end up 14-4 in Conference play

They also held on to a coach who's 6 season's of records in the B1G are

5-13
11-7
5-13
6-12
6-12
and now 11-4

All while having the newest facility in the league, NCAA opening rounds in Omaha and a fan base that packs the place irregardless and is hungry for a winning basketball team.

Miles'= 44 W's / 6 seasons = 7.3 avg

Fran's = (4-14; 8-10; 9-9; 9-9; 12-6; 12-6; 10-8; 3-11) = 67 W's / 8 seasons = 8.3 avg

What a difference 1 game and 1 side of the Missouri make ...
In Nebraska it means you coach for your job. In Iowa it means multi-year / multi-million-$ extensions.

#DoIttheRightWayAtIowa

Their AD had expectations. Their donors have expectations. They pony up the dough and they want results. They fired mediocre Mike and told Tim Miles to fix it now. Amazing what happens when they don't accept the "we're little ol Nebraska". Tim Miles is about to win more conference games than any Iowa coach since 1987! But you go ahead and laugh while we are 3-11. You are meeting MY expectations of you.

That's what you take out of Tim Miles going 6-12 the last 3 years before this ? That their AD and fans had expectations

It's night and day and unfair to compare because NU hoops is a literal joke- Nebraska has no expectations - it's why Tim Miles still has a job. That said, they were patient with him even when he had hard times and now are being rewarded for it. You'll get no argument from me that their sports program is better run (and that's after what, 4 or 5 AD's in the last 20 years?) then Iowa. Iowa should fire Gary Barta and will have to if they plan on firing Fran.

Miles'= 44 W's / 6 seasons = 7.3 avg

Fran's = (4-14; 8-10; 9-9; 9-9; 12-6; 12-6; 10-8; 3-11) = 67 W's / 8 seasons = 8.3 avg

What a difference 1 game and 1 side of the Missouri make ...
In Nebraska it means you coach for your job. In Iowa it means multi-year / multi-million-$ extensions.

#DoIttheRightWayAtIowa

You do realize Miles was on the hot seat because of the last few years were bad, and Fran got an extension because the last few years were good right? Fran has averaged almost 6 conference wins per year more than Miles over the last 3 years.

You are meeting MY expectations of you.

These comments are adorable too BTW, like I give AF what you think or your expectations are of me. Or the fact that you keep telling me things like that. Every time you do it I think to myself...."Does this guy know me? Does he think I care what he thinks about me? Does he think there is a riff between us? Cause I don't, but he sure seems to think that I do, cause he keeps telling me?" I do admire that you gotta take shots when ya got em tho.

These comments are adorable too BTW, like I give AF what you think or your expectations are of me. Or the fact that you keep telling me things like that. Every time you do it I think to myself...."Does this guy know me? Does he think I care what he thinks about me? Does he think there is a riff between us? Cause I don't, but he sure seems to think that I do, cause he keeps telling me?" I do admire that you gotta take shots when ya got em tho.
There's no rif between us. I know you well enough to anticipate your comments. And I'm never disappointed.

You do realize Miles was on the hot seat because of the last few years were bad, and Fran got an extension because the last few years were good right? Fran has averaged almost 6 conference wins per year more than Miles over the last 3 years.
The difference is what we perceive as "good". Last season was good? Hmm. Ok.

You didn't fix it b/c you left in "irregardless" :)

yeah, i type pretty quick on here, sometimes on my phone - and I often times make words up or say their,they're or there wrong... or ROLL or role or sometimes I don't cap something that should be or cap shit that shouldn't be. Sorry about that - hopefully you guys can reed wat i right!

yeah, i type pretty quick on here, sometimes on my phone - and I often times make words up or say their,they're or there wrong... or ROLL or role or sometimes I don't cap something that should be or cap shit that shouldn't be. Sorry about that - hopefully you guys can reed wat i right!
Not blaming you at all, blaming the guy who said he "fixed" it :)

Not blaming you at all, blaming the guy who said he "fixed" it :)
no, you're good man... I am just agreeing that I aint that smart with words and stuff. ... mostly cause I am typing on Hawkeyenation not writing on the Declaration of Independence.

tumblr_mvteiv7SOk1r01ax2o3_500.gif

Anybody with any knowledge of sound basketball wouldn't say that. Iowa has had some atrocious symptoms that were masked by scheduling and a couple of really good players.

Anybody with any knowledge of sound basketball wouldn't say that. Iowa has had some atrocious symptoms that were masked by scheduling and a couple of really good players.

what was wrong with Iowa's schedule the past few years, they played a lot of good teams and beat a lot of good teams? ....and doesn't every program want to mask itself with good players? Isn't that kind of the point? I don't claim to have any knowledge of sound basketball so that's honestly why I am asking.

So I looked... and Gold, I am not trying to be a dick, I just read your statement and it made me think so I looked

per Ken Pom

Iowa
2017 adjEM SOS was 62
2016 was 30
2015 was 25
2014 was 32

Again, I am not saying I have any basketball knowledge. I don't - I just read and comment. I am curious how Fran masked the program with good players and a weak schedule up until this point. I need someone with a sound basketball mind to tell me so I understand better. IMO - I wish he could mask it with more good players.

Yeah. Nebraska MBB is worthy to imitate. LOL.

I wonder where their lofty expectations were when Miles was 5-12 or 6-13 for 4 of 5 years.

Their AD had expectations. Their donors have expectations. They pony up the dough and they want results. They fired mediocre Mike and told Tim Miles to fix it now. Amazing what happens when they don't accept the "we're little ol Nebraska". Tim Miles is about to win more conference games than any Iowa coach since 1987! But you go ahead and laugh while we are 3-11. You are meeting MY expectations of you.

I dunno about that. Basically everyone at Nebraska agreed that their AD was a total moron and that's why they fired him. Tim Miles has had two good seasons in 6 years and this year's success is against the bottom feeders of the Big Ten. They have zero wins against the top 3 teams and 1 win vs the top 7 teams in the conference. Lets not throw up a bronze statue just yet.