Nebraska could very well end up 14-4 in Conference play

lightning1

They are 11-4 with games @ ILL and Home against Indiana and PSU. The last time Iowa finished with 14 BIG wins? 1987.

Their resume is absolute garbage...their best win is probably a home win vs Michigan. Their next best win is either at NW or home vs Maryland. Their overall SoS is very bad. They're 11-4 in the Big Ten and their KenPom is 52 and their RPI is 53.

Its not their fault their B1G schedule is so weak....but their B1G schedule is very weak. here are the B1G teams they play twice: Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Rutgers, Penn State. Just a who's-who of terrible teams

They also held on to a coach who's 6 season's of records in the B1G are

5-13
11-7
5-13
6-12
6-12
and now 11-4

All while having the newest facility in the league, NCAA opening rounds in Omaha and a fan base that packs the place irregardless and is hungry for a winning basketball team.

Oh, this is a legit thread. When I saw the title I assumed the Nebraska troll, BEATHARDTEAMS, was starting another husker troll job. LOL

Yes, Nebraska has a nice shiny record, but they are an NIT team at best. (yes I'm jelly;))

5-13
11-7
5-13
6-12
6-12
and now 11-4

All while having the newest facility in the league, NCAA opening rounds in Omaha and a fan base that packs the place irregardless and is hungry for a winning basketball team.

What stands out most to me is how Tim Miles used 2 transfers to completely transform his team this year. Palmer transferred from Miami and Copeland transferred from Georgetown. Those 2 guys are the leading scorers for Nebraska this year.

Hopefully Fran noticed

5-13
11-7
5-13
6-12
6-12
and now 11-4 because the Head Coach got the message and made whatever moves he had to make, to improve his roster.

FIFY.

I think they get in as long as they don't choke one of these last 3 - if they lose one of those - they will need to win one in the BTT.

but their resume is lacking big time

What stands out most to me is how Tim Miles used 2 transfers to completely transform his team this year. Palmer transferred from Miami and Copeland transferred from Georgetown. Those 2 guys are the leading scorers for Nebraska this year.

Hopefully Fran noticed
yeah......he isn't gonna notice. Because Gutless Gary won't put any pressure on Fran. What do you think the Nebraska AD said to Tim Miles?

Fran's last 6 years in the B1G

9-9
9-9
12-6
12-6
10-8
and this year 3-11

Has one of the worst stadiums in the league that people don't even show up to when they are winning and the sentiment on here is Iowa accepts mediocre. But HEY ... Look at Nebraska, why can't we be like them?

9-9
9-9
12-6
12-6
10-8
and this year 3-11

Has one of the worst stadiums in the league that people don't even show up to when they are winning and the sentiment on here is Iowa accepts mediocre. But HEY ... Look at Nebraska, why can't we be like them?
Their AD had expectations. Their donors have expectations. They pony up the dough and they want results. They fired mediocre Mike and told Tim Miles to fix it now. Amazing what happens when they don't accept the "we're little ol Nebraska". Tim Miles is about to win more conference games than any Iowa coach since 1987! But you go ahead and laugh while we are 3-11. You are meeting MY expectations of you.

9-9
9-9
12-6
12-6
10-8
and this year 3-11

Did you happen to notice how Nebraska gave the students great seats at that brand new stadium? How is it that the Nebraska AD "gets it", with no history to speak of, in college basketball? And we don't? They are coming off of a 6-12 conference season and they are SOLD OUT! What are they selling that the Iowa AD isn't? I'm guessing its "you'll win or we'll find someone that will".

I'm guessing Miles wanted to win bad the last 3 years too. "wanting to win" isn't the deciding factor between winning and losing. I'm willing to bet that if Miles could have gotten two really good transfers the last few years, he would have done it.

Take Kirk for example. It seems like every time he "has to win" he does. Does that mean he knows how to win, but doesn't care to put in the effort? Did he really put more effort into the 08 and 15 seasons? Or did the stars just align right?

I'm guessing Miles wanted to win bad the last 3 years too. "wanting to win" isn't the deciding factor between winning and losing. I'm willing to bet that if Miles could have gotten two really good transfers the last few years, he would have done it.

Take Kirk for example. It seems like every time he "has to win" he does. Does that mean he knows how to win, but doesn't care to put in the effort? Did he really put more effort into the 08 and 15 seasons? Or did the stars just align right?
Of course Miles wanted to win the way he was doing things. When it wasn't working, he changed the roster to win now. He didn't want to get fired! That's what happens when your program and your donors have expectations.

5-13
11-7
5-13
6-12
6-12
and now 11-4

Yeah but they don't have the history in Basketball that Iowa has. So its not apples to oranges. I live in Omaha. Most people are Creighton fans, even UNL grads. Jayskers... barf. Glom on to the most successful team and call it your own.

Of course Miles wanted to win the way he was doing things. When it wasn't working, he changed the roster to win now. He didn't want to get fired! That's what happens when your program and your donors have expectations.

So you're saying if the heat wasn't on, he would have filled his open spots with high school seniors? But since it was, he got 2 impact transfers instead? Maybe. But if it's that easy, why doesn't every coach on the hot seat go out and save their job real quick by grabbing some transfers?

So you're saying if the heat wasn't on, he would have filled his open spots with high school seniors? But since it was, he got 2 impact transfers instead? Maybe. But if it's that easy, why doesn't every coach on the hot seat go out and save their job real quick by grabbing some transfers?
You'd have to ask each individual coach, I suppose.