Nebby Tix

I agree but if they already knew the demand was going to be uber high and there was no chance in hell for normal folks to get them then the university should have just said in the application that due to high demand these tickets are only available to 400 point donors. Would have saved a lot of trouble and heartache for those who really thought they had a chance.

For real? Did you not read your ticket application? I knew being a Golden Hawk I had no chance once i read the application...i do not know how much more clearer they could have been.

I got my 4. I have 300 points myself. My family has well over 400 however, so maybe that's how I got lucky. Don't hate on the alumni who have the cash to make big donations.

For real? Did you not read your ticket application? I knew being a Golden Hawk I had no chance once i read the application...i do not know how much more clearer they could have been.

No, I did not read the app, as it goes to my father who handles all the ticket purchasing for our group. If it does in fact say on the app that a certain level is required to have a chance at the tickets then I would retract my statement.

Wow, fail on my part.

My uncle donates a TON to the University (he's an ISU grad, weird). I could've sold them to the average fan (like myself), Or made $$$$$$$$$BANK$$$$$$..... Will have to wait till 2013 I guess.

because of the Corporate Donors college football tickets are some of the easiest tickets to score on gameday. These donors try to give them away to their employees, at 4:30 on a Friday - the conversation goes...

Boss: "wanna go to the Iowa game tomorrow? I've spent your raise mize well right?"

Rube1: "Nah, kids soccer game"
Rube2: "Pass" dude is sleeping in and doesnt care bout a school he didnt go to

Then the guy just sells them to his fave broker 2-3 hrs before kickoff for 1/2 face. The broker tries to get ebay market price from 3 days ago on his first offer, you should then offer .75 x face and then try to meet in the middle. Never had a problem doing this. I realize for a lot of people it is hard to go to a game without Ducats in hand, but seriously there are always plenty of tickets to go around at college football because of this exact reason.

I got my 4. I have 300 points myself. My family has well over 400 however, so maybe that's how I got lucky. Don't hate on the alumni who have the cash to make big donations.

Did they send you an email letting you know or what? my dad buys our tickets as he has well over 400 pts and didnt' get an email either way (got them or didn't)

No, I did not read the app, as it goes to my father who handles all the ticket purchasing for our group. If it does in fact say on the app that a certain level is required to have a chance at the tickets then I would retract my statement.

It said quantities were extremely limited and anyone other than a Kinnick or Champion level donor was a "request only" to receive tickets and would only get them if they were not filled at these levels. While the ticket office is not clear at times this was not one of those instances.

It said quantities were extremely limited and anyone other than a Kinnick or Champion level donor was a "request only" to receive tickets and would only get them if they were not filled at these levels. While the ticket office is not clear at times this was not one of those instances.

Then I apologize. As I did not see the app first hand I was not aware that there was language on it that clarified the issue. Thank you for bringing this to light.

I have been a ticket holder for 20 years, a UofI alumni, a gold level hawk for the last (5) years. I am not sure what my total points are, but I would guess around 200. I think you would need to be Kinnick Society or Champion Hawks level. They may have gotten into some of the gold level, but not many. It will be a very hard ticket to get.

Then I apologize. As I did not see the app first hand I was not aware that there was language on it that clarified the issue. Thank you for bringing this to light.

Well if you did not see it, how would you know?

I sure as heck know I was shocked when I saw it initially so i know your feeling...i have just had a few months to let it sink in. :)

I am hoping a family member can come through for me otherwise I'll enjoy it from home.

Well if you did not see it, how would you know?

I sure as heck know I was shocked when I saw it initially so i know your feeling...i have just had a few months to let it sink in. :)

I am hoping a family member can come through for me otherwise I'll enjoy it from home.

It would have been fun but there is no way I am paying Stubhub money for a ticket in the 99th row of the endzone. I think I will stick to my normal away game tradition and hit up Front Row.

It's a bit unfortunate that they allowed their biggest donors (mostly corporations) to secure up to 6 tickets. That leaves us low-life, regular donors out in the cold. You know, those of us who actually take $$$ out of our back pocket, not out of the corporate cash-register. Those who choose season tickets over vacations or other things around the house. We're proles I guess.

Well stated. Then again, we don't give a bazillion dollars each year to the university and that is all they "hear and see."

However, all is not lost. There will be plenty of tix online to scalp, or, in front of the stadium. If you want to get in, you'll be able to.

Edit: I did email them back and ask if my PSU ticket request would be filled. They emailed me back right away and said (paraphrasing)...."Yes, we don't foresee those tickets being sold out."

Last edited:
I don't think there is anyone who had expectations that the average fan would be able to get tickets. I don't have a problem with those largest donors getting tickets before anyone else, I wouldn't expect it to be any other way.

The only thing I take issue with is allowing people with 2 season tickets to request up to 6 tickets. What would seem more appropriate to me is if you have 2 season tickets, you can request 2 tickets to the Nebby game. No more.

At least with that approach, they would be spreading the wealth a bit. Is it really necessary to offer you 6 tickets when you only get 2 in the regular season? Really?

I don't think there is anyone who had expectations that the average fan would be able to get tickets. I don't have a problem with those largest donors getting tickets before anyone else, I wouldn't expect it to be any other way.

The only thing I take issue with is allowing people with 2 season tickets to request up to 6 tickets. What would seem more appropriate to me is if you have 2 season tickets, you can request 2 tickets to the Nebby game. No more.

At least with that approach, they would be spreading the wealth a bit. Is it really necessary to offer you 6 tickets when you only get 2 in the regular season? Really?

I agree with you. we have 4 season tickets but only requested and got 2 tickets. I suggested to my dad to get more as there will always be friends/family that could use them but he didn't listen I guess. Can't complain.

One other thought....when (I say when, not if) Iowa goes to the Rose Bowl, expect the same policy to be in place.

While there will be more tickets available, don't think for a minute that they aren't going to allow the biggest donors (again, primarily corporations, not individuals paying the donation out of their back pocket) to secure more tickets (up to 6 or 8) than they have season tickets. They will be able to take all of their bandwagon friends that don't have an interest in Iowa season tickets, but are very interested in going to the Rose Bowl while you sit home watching on TV.

When long-time season ticket holders don't make the cut for Rose Bowl tickets, don't think for a second that's not going to sit well with people. That situation will make "I didn't get Nebby tickets" seem like no big deal.

we have 4 season tickets and requested 4 and got 2 and were Champion Hawks. Not sure how it all works but were happy.

Latest posts