Neb sports writer blasts Ferentz

Irrelevant, as everyone understands the offense sucked yesterday. We're discussing whether the root cause was "conservative schemes" (and fyi Washington runs a similar offense to MSU).

Try to keep up, won't you?

Excuse me, but my post reflects the intent of the article in question. So much so that it was paraphrased from the orginal source.

"So how did Ferentz spice up his possessions against a Husker defense that at home has allowed single-game point totals of 29, 38, 27 and 28 this season?

With house-brand vanilla.

The Hawkeyes ran zero plays out of the no-huddle offense until they were behind 20-0 in the fourth quarter.

They ran a single gadget play, and it was the one all football teams learn first — an end-around. It came in the first quarter, and went for no gain."

Now run along little boy.

Irrelevant, as everyone understands the offense sucked yesterday. We're discussing whether the root cause was "conservative schemes" (and fyi Washington runs a similar offense to MSU).

Try to keep up, won't you?

By the way, you contradicted yourself in your post. How do "conservative schemes" differ from my point on the offense.

I'll play your game. Maybe you meant the type of offense ran such as pro-style, spread ect... If so, you've already taken me completely out of context. I was referring to exactly what was mentioned in the article, not mixing up the play calling, no no-huddle until late etc... In essence, very conservative game planning, which is very similar to MSU. Difference is, MSU has a better defense and more experienced QB which allows them to win more close ones than us. They are a mirror image of some of our teams the last 3 seasons.

Last edited:

Latest posts