NE, SD, MN, WI, IL, MO

Joshbrown

Tangential states with Kansas in the "almost" category.

Mizzou - in shambles as it hasn't recovered from Pinkles final year

Fighting Illini - Lovie ain't the answer

Minnesota - they had the right guy who was doing wonders. Then his health gave out and now everything is a question mark.

South Dakota - Uhhhhhh, not really competition. But for God's sake please don't mention the other Dakota.:rolleyes:

Wisconsin - KF has been recruiting there and I give him Kudos for what he has done. Notice how I didn't mention a certain 2011 RB recruit?

Nebraska - I know, I know, irrelevant. Just most years their win total is higher than ours. Having said that the coaching carousel has taken them down a few notches and their current coach is a likeable guy who lacks the killer instinct. Hmmmmm, who does that remind me of ????????????

Finally, Kansas, which doesn't really touch our borders. But I think an occasional recruit (Colbert?) is something that will help Iowa's win total.

So, what does it all mean? Well Iowa is in a good position to raid the midwest.

Wisky will get its share.
Nebraska seems to like recruiting the south and west which should help us.
Northwestern is handicapped by standards the other B1G schools don't subscribe to.

Overall I see an uptick in recruiting . . . but that assumes that we stop losing to powder puffs and start winning more games each year than Nebraska. And that seems easily doable IMO.

Last edited:
Tangential states with Kansas in the "almost" category.

Mizzou - in shambles as it hasn't recovered from Pinkles final year

Fighting Illini - Lovie ain't the answer

Minnesota - they had the right guy who was doing wonders. Then his health gave out and now everything is a question mark.

South Dakota - Uhhhhhh, not really competition. But for God's sake please don't mention the other Dakota.:rolleyes:

Wisconsin - KF has been recruiting there and I give him Kudos for what he has done. Notice how I didn't mention a certain 2011 RB recruit?

Nebraska - I know, I know, irrelevant. Just most years their win total is higher than ours. Having said that the coaching carousel has taken them down a few notches and their current coach is a likeable guy who lacks the killer instinct. Hmmmmm, who does that remind me of ????????????

Finally, Kansas, which doesn't really touch our borders. But I think an occasional recruit (Colbert?) is something that will help Iowa's win total.

So, what does it all mean. Well Iowa is in a good position to raid the midwest.

Northwestern is handicapped by standards the other B1G schools don't subscribe to.

Overall I see an uptick in recruiting . . . but that assumes that we stop losing to powder puffs and start winning more games each year than Nebraska. And that seems easily doable IMO.

This is the year where we need to do in St. Louis what we did in Illinois in 2005 when Illinois, ND, and other midwest programs were down compared to us. While they didn't pan out, we did get JC, Eubanks, Doering, Moeaki, and others out of Illinois that year. Hopefully we can have the same results in St. Louis this year....

This is the year where we need to do in St. Louis what we did in Illinois in 2005 when Illinois, ND, and other midwest programs were down compared to us. While they didn't pan out, we did get JC, Eubanks, Doering, Moeaki, and others out of Illinois that year. Hopefully we can have the same results in St. Louis this year....
Agreed completely. Talent is rich this year in STL

First and foremost we need to lock down the state of Iowa this year and next year. Several very high end prospects in Iowa this year and next.

2018:
John Waggoner DE
Dillon Doyle LB
Saybein Clark Ath

2019:
Tyler Endres OL
Ezra Miller OL
Max Duggan QB

First and foremost we need to lock down the state of Iowa this year and next year. Several very high end prospects in Iowa this year and next.

2018:
John Waggoner DE
Dillon Doyle LB
Saybein Clark Ath

2019:
Tyler Endres OL
Ezra Miller OL
Max Duggan QB
A good couple of years for the top talent in Iowa. From what I hear, we sit very well with all 3 of the 2019 guys, however I haven't heard much if anything regarding us and Saybein Clark.

We sit well with Clark. His father works a lot of hours as a police officer in Sioux City.

Saybien told be it's tough for his dad to take time to drive him all the way to Iowa City and back. That's why he hasn't visited as much as some other prospects. He's also not visiting other places. He was disappointed he couldn't make it to the Opening Chicago. He didn't have a ride.

I would also add Trevor Downing in '18. I think some folks are assuming he's headed to Ames but it's not over yet. Iowa just needs to convince him that being an O-Lineman at Iowa trumps being able to study Ag at ISU.

We sit well with Clark. His father works a lot of hours as a police officer in Sioux City.

Saybien told be it's tough for his dad to take time to drive him all the way to Iowa City and back. That's why he hasn't visited as much as some other prospects. He's also not visiting other places. He was disappointed he couldn't make it to the Opening Chicago. He didn't have a ride.

I would also add Trevor Downing in '18. I think some folks are assuming he's headed to Ames but it's not over yet. Iowa just needs to convince him that being an O-Lineman at Iowa trumps being able to study Ag at ISU.

Rob, I get the feeling that Iowa likes Mayfiled more than Downing. Do you think we bring in 3 OL this year or just 2, since Iowa has Kirkpatrick pegged for the OL now?

Rob, I get the feeling that Iowa likes Mayfiled more than Downing. Do you think we bring in 3 OL this year or just 2, since Iowa has Kirkpatrick pegged for the OL now?

Hard to say at this point, Dean. I think coaches would take Mayfield and Downing with Jenkins, though, and call it a day. I think Michigan could be tough to beat for Mayfield as well. He's at their spring game today.

Stealing some talent from Mizzou . . . would be cou
Especially with the way they dishonored themselves by backing out of the home/home.

So, what does it all mean? Well Iowa is in a good position to raid the midwest.

Running backs in back-to-back years out of Wisky. Win/Win. Raiding the midwest. Me likey.

Does it break any rules for a fan to provide a ride to these type of events?

2018:
John Waggoner DE
Dillon Doyle LB
Saybein Clark Ath

2019:
Tyler Endres OL
Ezra Miller OL
Max Duggan QB

We will get 5 of those 6

Lazy ESPN just got around to doing their job.

They graded Tyler as a 3 star with a 78 score #39 DT

They graded Jeff as a 3 star with a 76 score #40 OG

Tyrone - Henry - Dillon still yet to be rated. Get to work Disney if you want to save ESPN.

Hard to say at this point, Dean. I think coaches would take Mayfield and Downing with Jenkins, though, and call it a day. I think Michigan could be tough to beat for Mayfield as well. He's at their spring game today.

Now the big kid from Green Bay is in the mix at oline. If Mayfield commits to Michigan, Iowa should stay after him. A good chance Harbaugh dumps him late for someone better.

Lazy ESPN just got around to doing their job.

They graded Tyler as a 3 star with a 78 score #39 DT

They graded Jeff as a 3 star with a 76 score #40 OG

Tyrone - Henry - Dillon still yet to be rated. Get to work Disney if you want to save ESPN.
Proud to say I haven't watched Sports Center or any other ESPN show for four, maybe even five years now. They're dead to me.

Latest posts