ND State Offense?

MelroseHawkins

Does anybody know what they run or like to do? KF made mention that Iowa has yet to go up against an offense like what they run (not sure if he just meant this year yet). At the end of the radio segment they stated the Bison have something like 500 and some yards running so do they like to pound it or are they some kind of spread team. Anybody know what Iowa is expecting to face on Saturday?

I will just hang up and listen to your response.

Something like this I imagine....5X National Champs. This is footage from a few years back when they "upset" Iowa St.

I haven't watched the Bison before but generally speaking, everybody seems to opine that their offense is of the Iowa/Wisky/MSU type. That said, I have the feeling they have gameplanned differently for this Saturday.

NSDU per their fans was supposed to have their best team ever this year, yes even better than last years'. So why have they struggled to OT wins? My take is that they've been focussed on Iowa right from the start. They won 5 NT's in a row, this is the game they really want, so it would not surprise me one bit if Phil is forced to think on his feet a lot on Saturday. Support from an experienced guy like Reid may be missed. If Phil doesn't make good adjustments to new looks/tempo/plays, this will be a tight game. Thankfully, the Iowa O looks like one that can answer challenges.

Haven't been able to watch them this year but in the past they like to run the ball, pound the ball. I think I read that they do a little more read option this year.

They're not a spread team, not even close. They're more in the lines of a pro style offense...or a Big Ten west style of offense. Which, you'd think, would play better into our hands.

Haven't been able to watch them this year but in the past they like to run the ball, pound the ball. I think I read that they do a little more read option this year.

They're not a spread team, not even close. They're more in the lines of a pro style offense...or a Big Ten west style of offense. Which, you'd think, would play better into our hands.

Thanks. That is what I was looking for. I agree, this sounds right up Iowa's alley. We do well against teams like this and usually against the run between the tackles. Hopefully, we can bully them and wear them down. That is what Iowa does best. FCS teams typically have undersized players compared to P5 FBS teams and Iowa does strength better than most teams so size couple with strength should bode well for the good guys.

I watched their first game. The like to run the ball, but their O-line is not of the quality it has been in the past. There is some read option in their Offense. QB isn't a bad passer. Not sure of quality of receivers. Defense is okay, but as you have seen they have been scored on.

Watch the chop blocks...NDSU pushes this technique just to the point of a penalty...sometimes they get called, sometimes they don't.

Iowa will win big. Let's get over this worry, we're the BIG West champs. They dont have the man power to beat us. Our offense will do whatever it wants. Calm down, enjoy the butt kicking and let's take the West again.

Something like this I imagine....5X National Champs. This is footage from a few years back when they "upset" Iowa St.

that was no "upset" of iowa st. 34 straight points i was there and saw the ass kicking

ndsu runs a very similiar offense to stanford without mccafrey

Last edited: