NCAA Tourney Thread

loyala as an 8 seed is a joke... some of the seeding has been pure ass.

The top 8 seeds are good but after that lots of head scratchers.
KenPom had Loyola ranked top ten, then you throw in the little brother in state angle and Loyola had to be cranked to the rafters.

Reminds me of three or four years ago when Wisconsin was severely underseeded as an eight and drilled one seed Villanova.

Thought we were getting the “Butler Way”...Obviously, that didn’t happen nearly enough.
Not when the top two or three players are bailing on the program every year.

If Lick had come back for year four we would have lost Gatens on top of what we ended up losing.

Loyola is now 18-1 to win it all. Will all of their seniors come back?

Drake is in great shape for next year. All 4 seniors are coming back. The coach’s kid is coming. Their top scorer and rebounder played sparingly and at about 50%. Their top assist man and double figure scorer didn’t play at all.

Really enjoying Syracuse in their game. That zone and their shooting is so Syracuse. I have no dog in this fight but pulling for Syracuse, I put gas on my brackets and had burning ceremony right after the Illinois game. It’s liberating to cheer for the team I want to win.

Good game going between Texas Tech and Arkansas. Arkansas may be asserting some control but game far from over.

As for the coaching match up, Chris Beard and Eric Mussleman are two of the best in the business.

Syracuse has The Zone and a good history. Some said they needed to do more to get in but not when you have the credit they have built up. They were gonna get the nod over some other teams and got in and again proving they are a worthy tournament team(not always but most times they get in). Good win over WVU.

For what it's worth- ESPN's bracket leader has Iowa vs Baylor playing in the National Championship game (He also picked Oral Roberts to advance to the Sweet 16 so let's hope there is a method to his madness).

Houston - Rutgers a good game. Rutgers has the guard play and certainly a shot against Houston. They just don't play anyone. Okay Wichita, adown Cincinnati, and they played Texas tech early in the season. Guess Memphis is decent as well but still. Not really overseeded unless you thought Arkansas deserved the last number 2. It really drops after that with WVU, Texas, Kansas, and FSU after. They are beatable is the point :).

Damn, Rutgers, never really looked, had the best draw. Could get to Loyola. Already played the 'cuse...
1616372356825.png

Last edited:
Houston - Rutgers a good game. Rutgers has the guard play and certainly a shot against Houston. They just don't play anyone. Okay Wichita, adown Cincinnati, and they played Texas tech early in the season. Guess Memphis is decent as well but still. Not really overseeded unless you thought Arkansas deserved the last number 2. It really drops after that with WVU, Texas, Kansas, and FSU after. They are beatable is the point :).

Damn, Rutgers, never really looked, had the best draw. Could get to Loyola.
I'll be there shortly.

Texas Tech/Arkansas is the most entertaining, evenly matched game of this tourney to date, and it could go OT.

Unbelievable game between Tech and Arkansas.

Incredible intensity. Felt like a regional final, like one of the 2019 regional final games I've previously mentioned.

Next two weeks are going to be freaking wild!

For lack of a better way to say it it seems like it’s a matter of who wants it more. The teams doing well are fighting hard. Watching Rutgers fighting their butts off.