NCAA Tourney After All?

MelroseHawkins

Could a few private corporations or private colleges organize a NCAA National Tournament? Does the NCAA have that much power from stopping non-NCAA people from organizing a tournament? it would be cool if that happen and teams flocked to accept an invitation. Could the NCAA stop it? It may not have to be 64 teams but I bet you could find 32 teams interested in playing in it. There is no reason this can't be organized in May or even early June.

I bet in there were 1 or more private corps showing interest in organizing a tournament that the NCAA would step up and do it as well.

NCAA would ultimately say play and we'll revoke scholarships...yes the NCAA is that powerful lol

This is not a good idea. I think the conferences and NCAA got it right. A family friend returned from Spokane, Washington this week. He stopped by while I was not home. But my family let him in. When I found out, it's really the first time I kinda freaked out about COVID-19. I spent the rest of the day disinfecting everything! No, they made the right call.

That's an interesting idea, but individual schools would not participate. Oh, and F the NCAA. They don't do a GD thing about Kentucky, N Carolina, Kansas, and all the other cheaters

That's an interesting idea, but individual schools would not participate. Oh, and F the NCAA. They don't do a GD thing about Kentucky, N Carolina, Kansas, and all the other cheaters
How bout a cheater's tourney top 25, than a tourney of teams that follow the rules say 3 or 4 teams. (maybe less)

The problem is that there is a ban on practices for the next 30 days.

But I would LOVE to see some form of tournament take place even if it's over the summer. Let's have a June madness, I don't get why we have to cancel everything when they could simply postpone it.

The problem is that there is a ban on practices for the next 30 days.

But I would LOVE to see some form of tournament take place even if it's over the summer. Let's have a June madness, I don't get why we have to cancel everything when they could simply postpone it.
I have never been able to get into basketball come May. I can't even watch the NBA Finals in June. To me, basketball should be late November to mid-late April. I'm more into baseball by then

I have never been able to get into basketball come May. I can't even watch the NBA Finals in June. To me, basketball should be late November to mid-late April. I'm more into baseball by then

I'm the same way, I'm full on to baseball by May. But I'd make an exception for this, especially since Iowa would be involved.

This season is done. I would loved to see how far this teams grit would have gotten us, I was going to bracket us into the sweet sixteen anyway.

BUT- what I think is going to happen is that there will be some early season scheduling to kind of give us a flavor of what we missed.....

I am just bored to tears............this is the week I always take a few days off to get my ultimate roundball fix.....

This season is done. I would loved to see how far this teams grit would have gotten us, I was going to bracket us into the sweet sixteen anyway.

BUT- what I think is going to happen is that there will be some early season scheduling to kind of give us a flavor of what we missed.....

I am just bored to tears............this is the week I always take a few days off to get my ultimate roundball fix.....

Here, this will help you.

I think they would have a hard time with all the different venues that would be needed to get them all set to use.

Dan Patrick had Reggie Miller on his radio show today. Reggie thinks that the NBA season is over for this year. He said another player with the Pistons now has the virus. Reggie thinks this is just the beginning of players getting the virus

Could a few private corporations or private colleges organize a NCAA National Tournament? Does the NCAA have that much power from stopping non-NCAA people from organizing a tournament? it would be cool if that happen and teams flocked to accept an invitation. Could the NCAA stop it? It may not have to be 64 teams but I bet you could find 32 teams interested in playing in it. There is no reason this can't be organized in May or even early June.

I bet in there were 1 or more private corps showing interest in organizing a tournament that the NCAA would step up and do it as well.

Why do you think there is no tournament? There would be huge financial liability if one were played and deaths resulted from it due to players infecting each other and passing it on to their home communities. No one wants to take on that financial risk and they probably aren’t hip on looking like irresponsible corporate citizens, either.

You don’t seem to grasp the moral obligation institutions have to make sure this thing doesn’t spread and result in over a million deaths in this country. Or maybe you get it, but you think it will all be over by June.

Well, it won’t be over by June, so just be forewarned.

can you imagine if this virus started in American in mid November? College football season over, no bowl games, no more NFL games, no NFL playoff games and no Super Bowl. College basketball season over as it would just be starting, we wouldn't have seen Garza's great season. No NBA games and we would be heading into the dead of winter.

Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years would have been a mess. How would you go out and shop for presents?

Latest posts