NCAA tournament challenges

I've had more success in fantasy football. In one league I got two firsts and a third in five years in a twelve team bar league.

Bought a round for the other owners both times I won.

I think I finished tenth and eleventh out of twelve teams the other two years
I had two runs where I was back-to-back champion in a 12 man league. I just finished trying for a 3 peat and crushed the regular season but injuries caught up to me in the playoffs. I have a couple other 2nd place finishes thrown in over the years and a 3rd or two. I've prob played in that same league 23 yrs now.

I am way over for earnings vs what I paid.

Won the work NCAA bracket at least once, maybe two times and included at least 50 people. There were two back-to-back years where I picked the champion but did not win the whole thing which I think is odd. I think it was the years Maryland won followed by Syracuse when they had Carmello Anthony on that team.

Last edited:
The Shamrock used the KXIC contest every week for a case of beer. After I won it three times and the owner knew I wasn't a regular customer, he politely asked me to quit entering. I remember I gave one case to Jim Collins, an-ex Hawkeye who tended bar there.

Won two pools won at work once for like 150.00 bucks but the most fun one was a sweet 16 pool where I was the only person to take NC State. I went against the grain as everybody else took Houston. When (man forgot his name) dunked the short shot by the guard and won Coach V his title I ran around the house just as happy. Won like 50 bucks but seemed like a million back then.

oh I am terrible in FFB

NCAA I am typically pretty good. I do like 20 brackets and 2 of them turn out to be decent.
Did the fantasy football league with some friends from work. I was know as the QB slayer, whoever I picked suffered a season ending injury shortly after and had to roll with journeyman QB's the rest of the season. I picked all-pro players and they always chose to have a shitty season. Just gave up on it.

Won two pools won at work once for like 150.00 bucks but the most fun one was a sweet 16 pool where I was the only person to take NC State. I went against the grain as everybody else took Houston. When (man forgot his name) dunked the short shot by the guard and won Coach V his title I ran around the house just as happy. Won like 50 bucks but seemed like a million back then.
Lorenzo Charles dunked Whittenburg's airball.