NCAA Opponent

WindsorHawk

I’m not implying Lunardi’s brackets are the end all be all. But I want an idea of the caliber of team we’re looking at playing in our 1st game. Below are Lunardi’s 7-10 seeds.

Ole Miss
Louisville
Oklahoma
Syracuse
Baylor
Buffalo
VCU
Washington
Seton Hall
Wofford
Utah State
UCF
Minnesota (NA)
Cincinnati
Arizona State

I’m not implying Lunardi’s brackets are the end all be all. But I want an idea of the caliber of team we’re looking at playing in our 1st game. Below are Lunardi’s 7-10 seeds.

Ole Miss. - L
Louisville. - L
Oklahoma - L
Syracuse. - L
Baylor - L
Buffalo - L
VCU - L
Washington - L
Seton Hall - L
Wofford - L
Utah State - L
UCF - L
Minnesota (NA) - L
Cincinnati - L
Arizona State - L
Sisters of the blind - favored but an L

Ole Miss
Louisville
Oklahoma
Syracuse
Baylor
Buffalo
VCU
Washington
Seton Hall
Wofford
Utah State
UCF
Minnesota (NA)
Cincinnati
Arizona State

Ole Miss
Louisville
Oklahoma
Syracuse
Baylor
Buffalo
VCU
Washington
Seton Hall
Wofford
Utah State
UCF
Minnesota (NA)
Cincinnati
Arizona State
Every single one looks more athletic

I always figured they'd fall into the 7-9 range and face a Syracuse or Oklahoma type team. Right now, Lunardi has them an 8 against 9-Ole Miss.

They've played themselves down into a position where they will face another middling power-5 team. They have not been playing well enough the last month to beat a comparable "peer" team.

IF they somehow find their shit next Thursday or Friday, they have to turnaround and be canon-fodder for whoever sits on the #1 line. Given the Hawks' recent play and stupid, self-defeating coaching strategies, that will be SPECTACULAR destruction.:eek:

I hope it's Duke. If you're gonna get completely embarrassed and demoralized, it might as well be at the hands of the best player and best coach in the game. At least the guys will always have the story of how they fared against Zion and the mighty Krahzewskis.

The hawks lack of defensive speed shows in these tourneys so the only way they stay in a game or win is to shoot lights out as we saw Thursday vs last nite. Shoot bad last nite, fall behind by six, keep shooting bad and a few turnovers, then fall behind by 11, get out of the zone to try to force the action and get burned by superior talent and ball movement by Mich. simple formula.

Mich limited Iowa's wide open looks at the basket last nite and it didnt help to miss some layups.

We need the bigs mainly Cook to finish at the rim. cook needs to gather himself at the end of his drives and go up to dunk or just drop every shot in the basket as his little bank shots are 50-50 instead of 80-20

The hawks lack of defensive speed shows in these tourneys so the only way they stay in a game or win is to shoot lights out as we saw Thursday vs last nite. Shoot bad last nite, fall behind by six, keep shooting bad and a few turnovers, then fall behind by 11, get out of the zone to try to force the action and get burned by superior talent and ball movement by Mich. simple formula.

Mich limited Iowa's wide open looks at the basket last nite and it didnt help to miss some layups.

We need the bigs mainly Cook to finish at the rim. cook needs to gather himself at the end of his drives and go up to dunk or just drop every shot in the basket as his little bank shots are 50-50 instead of 80-20

Your simple, specific statements - particularly about TC - offer more insight and understanding of how to coach a big and strategize to skill set / personnel than this entire staff possesses, combined.

I always figured they'd fall into the 7-9 range and face a Syracuse or Oklahoma type team. Right now, Lunardi has them an 8 against 9-Ole Miss.

They've played themselves down into a position where they will face another middling power-5 team. They have not been playing well enough the last month to beat a comparable "peer" team.

IF they somehow find their shit next Thursday or Friday, they have to turnaround and be canon-fodder for whoever sits on the #1 line. Given the Hawks' recent play and stupid, self-defeating coaching strategies, that will be SPECTACULAR destruction.:eek:

I hope it's Duke. If you're gonna get completely embarrassed and demoralized, it might as well be at the hands of the best player and best coach in the game. At least the guys will always have the story of how they fared against Zion and the mighty Krahzewskis.

See that Palm just updated his projections.
Dropped Hawks from a 7 to 8 against 9-VCU in the Duke pod! (Columbia, SC - East Region).
Lunardi already had them an 8 in the East, against Ole Miss, but in the Virginia pod.

These guys know much of the bracket, already, so, I'd bank on Iowa in SoCar - East.
Hope Palm is correct and the #1 is Duke. I think Hawks can beat VCU and, since a thrashing is guaranteed in the round of 32, I wanna see it against the best.

What a great opportunity to maybe develop toward next season. As posted earlier, this will be a "story" for these guys. Not to mention, this is as close as any player on Iowa's roster will ever be to competing against an NBA caliber team..

I would rather Iowa play zone all game. Our man to Man is hideous..

See that Palm just updated his projections.
Dropped Hawks from a 7 to 8 against 9-VCU in the Duke pod! (Columbia, SC - East Region).
Lunardi already had them an 8 in the East, against Ole Miss, but in the Virginia pod.

These guys know much of the bracket, already, so, I'd bank on Iowa in SoCar - East.
Hope Palm is correct and the #1 is Duke. I think Hawks can beat VCU and, since a thrashing is guaranteed in the round of 32, I wanna see it against the best.

What a great opportunity to maybe develop toward next season. As posted earlier, this will be a "story" for these guys. Not to mention, this is as close as any player on Iowa's roster will ever be to competing against an NBA caliber team..

Maybe Duke will come out like Apollo Creed and Iowa lands a haymaker. Only problem is, Iowa has no Mickey on the sideline to tell them to "get up you sons of bitches, because Mickey loves you."

Maybe Duke will come out like Apollo Creed and Iowa lands a haymaker. Only problem is, Iowa has no Mickey on the sideline to tell them to "get up you sons of bitches, because Mickey loves you."

Not to mention, no one on this staff has the foresight, savvy nor in-game awareness to be Mickey.

They might have the Hawks fight right-handed (Cripes, they already have / allow Cook to do unnatural things against his skill set) but, just like the banking of time outs, they'd forget to yell, "NOW!":);):mad:

Ole Miss
Louisville
Oklahoma
Syracuse
Baylor
Buffalo
VCU
Washington
Seton Hall
Wofford
Utah State
UCF
Minnesota (NA)
Cincinnati
Arizona State
Not afraid.

Not exactly confident. But, not afraid.

Pac-12 schools(ASU and Washington) are they the most vulnerable?

Iowa could match up with Baylor size wise. A decent night shooting and they could win it.

I am assuming the non-power 6 schools are guard heavy lineups that put up a lot of 3(s). Those type of teams seem like they would be a nightmare for Iowa.

Not to mention, no one on this staff has the foresight, savvy nor in-game awareness to be Mickey.

They might have the Hawks fight right-handed (Cripes, they already have / allow Cook to do unnatural things against his skill set) but, just like the banking of time outs, they'd forget to yell, "NOW!":);):mad:

Ha no kidding....the truth, well they sure also do have the Hawks fight with 2 left feet down the stretch. It is like Mike Tyson's corner when he was fighting James Buster Douglas.

Ole Miss
Louisville
Oklahoma
Syracuse
Baylor
Buffalo
VCU
Washington
Seton Hall
Wofford
Utah State
UCF
Minnesota (NA)
Cincinnati
Arizona State
If we shoot better (like not 1/17 from three) we should beat every team on this list. Poor shooting kills Iowa because a) they can't reliably get stops b) they can't press off a missed basket and c) transition defense is below average. That's part of the reason we see such big swings in scores- good shooting and we compete. Poor shooting and we get our asses handed to us.
Plus we saw better freedom of movement on the perimeter in the BTT than the last five games of the season, so I'm hopeful that'll help Iowa in the NCAAT.