NCAA ok with raping kids

Sparky

Today the NCAA reversed their decision to vacate 112 wins by Joe Paterno. He is once again the winningest coach on college football history.

The NCAA shows that tattoos are a worse offense than harboring a predator.

Disgraceful. Next thing, they'll probably grant PSU extra scholarships to make up for the inconvenience.

Today the NCAA reversed their decision to vacate 112 wins by Joe Paterno. He is once again the winningest coach on college football history.

The NCAA shows that tattoos are a worse offense than harboring a predator.

What's the appropriate amount of wins that should be vacated per child rape?

The NCAA overstepped their bounds to begin with, this was always a criminal issue, not an NCAA one. The NCAA knows it screwed up here.

The NCAA overstepped their bounds to begin with, this was always a criminal issue, not an NCAA one. The NCAA knows it screwed up here.

You're ok with a football program being allowed to harbor and protect a rapist. Check. I'll be sure to add you to the list of pedophile apologists.

Last edited:
I'm with Sparky on this one. I do get the argument that it was always a criminal matter. But that's just semantics. You can hide behind a technicality, but at the end of the day, Joe and the rest of the football program put football above doing what is right. For that, many people suffered. In my opinion, somebody needed to send a strong message that there are lines that cannot be crossed to protect king football. And if you do, the hammer will come down hard. But now, as usual, the NCAA is weak. What a shame.

This is one thing that makes me mad in real life. I sit at my work desk wondering how the NCAA can say to the victims that PSU served enough of a penalty in comparison to them being molested in the shower.

I'm with Sparky on this one. I do get the argument that it was always a criminal matter. But that's just semantics. You can hide behind a technicality, but at the end of the day, Joe and the rest of the football program put football above doing what is right. For that, many people suffered. In my opinion, somebody needed to send a strong message that there are lines that cannot be crossed to protect king football. And if you do, the hammer will come down hard. But now, as usual, the NCAA is weak. What a shame.

Nothing sends a strong message like vacating wins and a bowl ban. Hey kid, I know your life was ruined after being raped but guess what, that 2003 win over Indiana is no more! Your life might never be the same after you were a victim of an old pedophile but hey the 2013 Penn St football team wasn't allowed to play an exhibition football game at the end of the season, we're good now right?

It's absolutely ridiculous to try to dole out a punishment a crime of this severity by the measures the NCAA has available. Bowl bans, loss of scholarships, vacated wins all just trivialize these crimes.

Nothing sends a strong message like vacating wins and a bowl ban. Hey kid, I know your life was ruined after being raped but guess what, that 2003 win over Indiana is no more! Your life might never be the same after you were a victim of an old pedophile but hey the 2013 Penn St football team wasn't allowed to play an exhibition football game at the end of the season, we're good now right?

It's absolutely ridiculous to try to dole out a punishment a crime of this severity by the measures the NCAA has available. Bowl bans, loss of scholarships, vacated wins all just trivialize these crimes.

That may all be true and there can never be enough wins vacated. But, how does it look to the victims when the NCAA reverses course in favor of the offending University? The initial punishment wasn't harsh enough and now the NCAA is saying it was too harsh. It's crap.

The appropriate number of wins is all future wins. Completely shut down the program for as long as the university knew of the rapes and did NOTHING. This action just discusts me.

Just checked out a few PSU message boards and they really seem to think that PSU was the victim in all this. Unbelievable.

This whole thing is one ugly mess for sure. PSU will now always be the bastard child of papa B1G 10 and deservedly so with the admin, alum, and students with their heads in the sand.

I'm not standing up for the NCAA other than to say it seems they really didn't have much choice. Notice how it took a lawsuit to overturn the vacated wins etc.

Life and law is all about contracts - spoken or written. I'm guessing that per the "contract" with PSU (and all others as well) they overstepped their legal bounds. They simply realized they held a losing hand and had to fold. Basically someone called their bluff.

In the end PSU would have been much better served in the long run and in the court of public opinion if they had just accepted their dose of medicine and swallowed the pill.

To restore the wins is one thing, but for PSU to celebrate it with this stupid "409" sticker, shirt, hat campaign is just sick. It says, "We were the real victims, but now it's all set straight and all is right with the world. Hurray!"

Sick disgusting MF'rs. This really pizzes me off. I was getting over the whole hating on psu thing, but now I hate them more than ever.

They still think this whole thing is about them vs world and they just "won". Let's celebrate!

To restore the wins is one thing, but for PSU to celebrate it with this stupid "409" sticker, shirt, hat campaign is just sick. It says, "We were the real victims, but now it's all set straight and all is right with the world. Hurray!"

Sick disgusting MF'rs. This really pizzes me off. I was getting over the whole hating on psu thing, but now I hate them more than ever.

They still think this whole thing is about them vs world and they just "won". Let's celebrate!

This makes me so angry.

100% agreed. They just need to STFU already.

It's almost like nothing ever happened in Happy Valley. That fan base is so delusional it makes me sick. Black Heart Gold Pants did a podcast right after Penn State got the sanctions lifted and they had a buddy on who acted like it was the right thing to do. Really poor form from the BHGP guys as they were agreeing right along with him. I wonder if they will do another one and have that ******* back on. I know he's a good friend of the podcast people.

I lost a lot of respect that day for Black Heart Gold Pants.

In all my yrs of keeping up with college FB I don't think I've seen so many players in trouble for sex crimes and theft. It makes you wonder what some of these young men are thinking.

Latest posts