NCAA Football Preview - Northern Illinois Huskies

HawkeyeHypnosis

The Sports Network Football Bowl Subdivision

Heres an idea of what to expect from NIU. From article:

The Huskies might have lost their starting quarterback and halfback, but they kept the talented WR tandem of Martel Moore and Perez Ashford. Moore had a breakout performance in 2011's bowl game with 224 yards and a touchdown on eight grabs. Ashford finished the season with 530 yards and three touchdowns on 47 catches. Tight ends Jason Schepler, Luke Eakes, and Tim Semisch will give Lynch plenty of targets to look for.

The Huskies return both starting corners and safeties along with three of four defensive linemen. The continuity and familiarity among the returners on the defensive side of the ball will be a huge plus in 2012.

NIU has a very realistic chance of entering league play with a 4-0 record, especially if it takes down Iowa in the opener. The defense will really need to step up while the new look offensive unit builds chemistry. The Huskies have the skill and athleticism to be a dynamic team offensively once everything clicks into place. Defensive coordinators Jay Niemann and Ryan Nielsen need to develop the talent further for NIU to take the next step and become a premier mid-major program.

They might be as good as ISU. Either way, I would not be surprised if either team beats Iowa this year.
I think this is going to easily be our worst team since the JC era.

NIU's offense will be a trainwreck, their OLine very green, especially to start the season.

If we don't make mistakes on offense (allowing their D to become a scoring threat), I think we win this game pretty easily, no?

I don't get worried about a team that lost most of its offense after a record setting team that lost to Kansas. Kansas' only other win? McNeese St.
Iowa will win by 2 TDs at least.

The nice thing about losing this game is it would free up a lot of my time this fall obsessing over the Hawkeyes.

With a senior quarterback and fairly good oline and TE I would be shocked if we don't win this game... that and green dline usually have the first advantage over green olines. 31-17 Hawks

They might be as good as ISU. Either way, I would not be surprised if either team beats Iowa this year.
I think this is going to easily be our worst team since the JC era.

If Niu is as good as ISU, then Iowa will most likely start the year 0-2. The young DL will need to get stronger and grow up in a hurry to give Iowa a chance to get some momentum.

Latest posts