Natural Immunity To COVID??

Despite working in a giant building full of people on a full time basis since the beginning of the pandemic, I have not tested positive for it. I may have contracted it at some point, but it's hard to tell. I've tested several times, and received 2 vax and 2 boosters. New bivalent omicron/delta booster is out now and I'll likely get that. I have to be at work or it piles up.
I'm not trying to be a jerk or start a pissing match with this question but I'm generally curious. Are you worried at all about what the vaccines might do to you?

I'm not trying to be a jerk or start a pissing match with this question but I'm generally curious. Are you worried at all about what the vaccines might do to you?
Compared to Covid? Not at all. Compared to most OTC and prescription drugs. Also, not at all.

I'm more worried about driving my car to work in traffic.

Friendly reminder this is the moderated OT forum; there are no persuasive COVID arguments or debates about COVID/vaccine allowed either direction. That kind of discussion goes in Open OT.

Compared to Covid? Not at all. Compared to most OTC and prescription drugs. Also, not at all.

I'm more worried about driving my car to work in traffic.
My wife can't get me to take allergy medication. I've had a couple surgeries and took pain medication for a couple days after and that was it. I have an irrational fear of all of that for some reason. I gave my kids all their shots but I was nervous about it. Still a no brainer decision but I didn't like it.

Friendly reminder this is the moderated OT forum; there are no persuasive COVID arguments or debates about COVID/vaccine allowed either direction. That kind of discussion goes in Open OT.
I think the post I just did is ok but if not, sorry.

I think the post I just did is ok but if not, sorry.
It’s fine, I just don’t want someone coming in here trying to convince someone else to do XYZ because of their opinions. 100% neutral discussion is ok.

Rule of thumb for covid on the Moderated OT board, if a poster feels an itch to defend a statement, refute someone else's, or cite a study, etc...even if done without being malicious...it goes on the other board. This isn't the place for telling someone he or she might be wrong or trying to change minds.

There was a big push from a lot of posters back in 2020 to get the OT stuff quarantined and I think what we've worked out so far has been as good a compromise as possible. There are options for everyone from the biggest of shit posters to the guy who only wants to ever talk basketball. If a guy wants to do nothing but shit post and argue, there's a venue for that. If a guy doesn't want to see it, he shouldn't go look in Open OT. Win/win.

This thread has remained very civil and I've only removed a couple posts, because folks are just talking and not trying to debate. I'm well aware that there is such a thing as civil debate, but I wouldn't have to dig very far into post history to prove that civil debate is for all intents and purposes impossible to maintain for more than a couple of pages on an internet forum.

Genuine thanks for following the rules; carry on with the convo...

I think PC was being very sincere with his question. I didn't take it as a jab or a political side about this subject. I do appreciate everyone keeping it civil and discussing this as a biological anomaly concerning COVID and immunity.

I think PC was being very sincere with his question. I didn't take it as a jab or a political side about this subject. I do appreciate everyone keeping it civil and discussing this as a biological anomaly concerning COVID and immunity.
He was fine, I'd have deleted it if I thought it was going that direction. Much better than the other shit show OT forum.

Working in the health field as well but not nursing I've had two regular vaccinations and two, soon to be three boosters. Even without being in my 60's I simply do not want something that has the potential to compromise my breathing in any way. Thankfully, any patients who see me have already been screened for Covid-19. If they pop positive they don't come in.

I get that some people were allergic to some substance in the initial three vaccines, although I don't remember in actuality as to how many folks that might be.

It will be interesting to see the efficacy of the new bivalent booster, which now specifically targets the Omicron variant. It's getting similar to flu vaccines now (quadravalent vaccines are common).

It will be interesting to see the efficacy of the new bivalent booster, which now specifically targets the Omicron variant. It's getting similar to flu vaccines now (quadravalent vaccines are common).
Yea, but I think it's still a completely different technology with the unzipping of the DNA. The flue shots we are used to is still the old technology, I believe.

Yea, but I think it's still a completely different technology with the unzipping of the DNA. The flue shots we are used to is still the old technology, I believe.
*flu

Yes, it's a different technology. Having said that, mRNA vaccine technology is not brand new. Bringing it to production is new.

Latest posts