National title

say good by to that B1G commercial everyone likes so much. The song is in the music thread

Yea I usually would root for any BIG team in the c-ship game, but Michigan is so marked with the scandals that it was very difficult to root for them.

say good by to that B1G commercial everyone likes so much. The song is in the music thread
If they re-do that commercial it will be longer than the movie Titanic.

I liked three other B1G commercials better. The one where the Maryland fan hugs the turtle mascot at the end, the one showing pregame rituals about protecting your home court with the gospel music in it (particularly sharp), and the one that ends with the 91 year old Michigan alum.

The one from about six or seven years ago with the head coaches in it and Tim Miles yelling "Whoop" was kind of stupid.

Now they need to take the Caitlin Clark Stste Farm commercial and back it down to about 35 times an hour. It's getting to be a little excessive:)

Last edited:
Only other question about this to me is will it get rescinded after more investigations? They seem to be never ending with the guy. He's probably going to the pros and leaving. It'll be wild if NCAA vacates it or some shit later on due to all his cheating that we know about and who knows what else we don't.

Only other question about this to me is will it get rescinded after more investigations? They seem to be never ending with the guy. He's probably going to the pros and leaving. It'll be wild if NCAA vacates it or some shit later on due to all his cheating that we know about and who knows what else we don't.
If they do i'm going to be furious. No idea what the point of rescinding the championship when it essentially says "we screwed up and should have suspended you earlier". Does the NCAA then say "our bad" the teams that didn't get in to the playoffs in the event it gets rescinded? I see absolutely no way rescinding does anything other then piss off more people. They ignored the evidence, looked the other way multiple times after giving Harbaugh multiple slaps on the hand, and did nothing when it mattered. No reason to do anything after the fact.

If they do i'm going to be furious. No idea what the point of rescinding the championship when it essentially says "we screwed up and should have suspended you earlier". Does the NCAA then say "our bad" the teams that didn't get in to the playoffs in the event it gets rescinded? I see absolutely no way rescinding does anything other then piss off more people. They ignored the evidence, looked the other way multiple times after giving Harbaugh multiple slaps on the hand, and did nothing when it mattered. No reason to do anything after the fact.
Agree. But that's why I threw in the part about what if there's stuff we just don't know about yet that's as bad or worse? I'm spit balling total hypothetical nonsense here. But who woulda thought the sign stealing thing woulda turned into what it did.

Agree. But that's why I threw in the part about what if there's stuff we just don't know about yet that's as bad or worse? I'm spit balling total hypothetical nonsense here. But who woulda thought the sign stealing thing woulda turned into what it did.
No I definitely see your point. Harbaugh's one of those that just pisses me off because it's infraction after infraction and always gets away with it. He missed 6 games this season due to different violations but the program goes untouched. The issue I have is Harbaugh missing games doesn't hurt the program that has benefitted from it, it only makes it stronger because they're winning the games he's missing and in doing so picking up momentum on the recruiting level.

Michigan already had a head and shoulders recruiting advantage over probably 90% of the country without even addressing how NIL plays into that. Now they just keep winning and winning and just won a national championship. The problem is the cheating (or punishment) doesn't benefit them now it benefitted them leading up to this point. It contributed to them gaining the talent, through wins and recruiting, needed to catch up and ultimately get passed OSU. That's why IMO a suspension or rescinding championships does absolutely nothing, because the cheating got them into a position in which they've already benefitted from the cheating and are already in a position to compete for more championships because of it.

I am glad the Big 10 got a title. Been too long and gives us some credibility as we move into the Two Conference plus the rest system.

That said, enjoy the trophy while you have it, Michigan. The NCAA moves slowly, but based upon the fact that Michigan ran screaming away from the lawsuit that IT FILED, tells me the NCAA more than has the goods to hang Harbaugh for a very serious infraction. More than one. I predict Harbaugh moves the NFL before he is Show Caused, and because of that, the NCAA let's them keep the title. Barely.

I hope it does just to expose the cfp and college football in general for the complete shit show it is. Need to make is so players have to be in a program for a year before they can receive nil money.

No I definitely see your point. Harbaugh's one of those that just pisses me off because it's infraction after infraction and always gets away with it. He missed 6 games this season due to different violations but the program goes untouched. The issue I have is Harbaugh missing games doesn't hurt the program that has benefitted from it, it only makes it stronger because they're winning the games he's missing and in doing so picking up momentum on the recruiting level.

Michigan already had a head and shoulders recruiting advantage over probably 90% of the country without even addressing how NIL plays into that. Now they just keep winning and winning and just won a national championship. The problem is the cheating (or punishment) doesn't benefit them now it benefitted them leading up to this point. It contributed to them gaining the talent, through wins and recruiting, needed to catch up and ultimately get passed OSU. That's why IMO a suspension or rescinding championships does absolutely nothing, because the cheating got them into a position in which they've already benefitted from the cheating and are already in a position to compete for more championships because of it.

The Zebras seemed to favor the wolverines

My Son lives in Tacoma, Crazy, Rabid Hawkeye fan, and loves Washington

Sent him a text saying I wanted Washington to win

He texted me back: I agree, however, I think Michigan's defense is going to be too much

It certainly was

Penix is really good, the Texas-Washington game was one of the most exciting games, certainly
this year

Unfortunately, he hadn't faced a D like Michigan's Ever

Washington was certainly outclassed, the Hawks played better at Michigan, especially taking away
the shite call when they didn't blow the whistle on a Dead Play

Latest posts