national duals possible change

CRwrestling

I read on Andy hamiltons blog that the affiliation will change possibly change from nwca to an official ncaa event. he made it sound as though it would be similar to high school with a duals champion and a team wins the individuals as well, sounds fine.

flo on the other hand is says that the ncaa national duals will replace the team champion at the individual tournament. that would suck!

it really looks like there will no longer be a championship team crowned at the individual tournament. the champion team will be crowned at the dual meet.

wow. I hope the people making this decision know what they're doing. seems like a mistake to me.

it really looks like there will no longer be a championship team crowned at the individual tournament. the champion team will be crowned at the dual meet.

wow. I hope the people making this decision know what they're doing. seems like a mistake to me.

I've looked at four different web sites plus the Sunday DesMoines Sports and what your saying looks about right. I can see the plus side to this but, I can see the negative side too.;)

This should NOT replace the tournament champion. That would not be progressed for the sport. I'll take two titles but you can't get rid of the nationals tournament title.

yeah I don't like this. Obviously it'll make National Duals a lot better, but will take a lot of the punch out of NCAAs which i don't like. I feel like it will make the indiv tourney feel a little anti-climatic.
It will be interesting to see if it changes the way coaches try to structure their teams for dual. maybe trying to make them more balanced. I don't like how duals are very tied to matchups and having that decide the national title.

I like the combined approached. Score the dual champions like the individual scoring system, but double it, i.e. 1st=32, 2nd=24, etc. Also the bonus points are the same as the individual and get added to a dual team's placement score.

Don't make the final 16? Tough.

Then add the dual scores to the end of the scores at the individual and the best team can be declared. That's the best way, imo, to get fans in the seats for both.

the team race at ncaas are so much fun. ill still love seeing a good upset, but watching a leheigh or american wrestler beat an osu or psu wrestler won't be quite as exciting.

plus side ofthis would be having espn air both live.

I like the combined approached. Score the dual champions like the individual scoring system, but double it, i.e. 1st=32, 2nd=24, etc. Also the bonus points are the same as the individual and get added to a dual team's placement score.

Don't make the final 16? Tough.

Then add the dual scores to the end of the scores at the individual and the best team can be declared. That's the best way, imo, to get fans in the seats for both.

this is a great idea! puts more value on national duals, yet doesn't kill the NCAAs.

Yes this just promotes our sport. Quite interesting will the NCAA's be scoring or not? Confusing to say the least but the individual will not draw as much attention as the team. More effort on the team level and growing the sport, more attention, more money and meets we would not regularly see.
its just another brick in the wall.
Go Hawks

Latest posts