National Boycott the NFL

^^ #Triggered ^^ :D

I do admit calling/insinuating I am a racist will always trigger a reaction in me.

Just curious, but can you tell me why people need to kneel during the anthem to protest police brutality/racial equality? Can you be against police brutality and for racial equality and against kneeling during the anthem?

I'm a veteran and I will not be boycotting the NFL. I'll probably even sit on my couch as the anthem plays, as well. :cool:
Well said. And no disrespect to a single person but one of the things that makes America great is the right to protest in whatever way one likes. If you want to boycott pro football, great! If that protest is to not stand for the national anthem, equally valid. I haven't watched an NFL game in 25 years and couldn't give a quarter of a crap but there is enough crap going on in this country that perhaps we could consider focusing on things more important... Like Hawkeye football and will they ever learn to consistently move the ball!!

I am in favor of this boycott as far as all NFL related goods go. I did not buy any TV packages that had the nfl either. Freedom of speech works both ways.

Dear NFL,
You're getting my divorce papers,
giphy.gif

I do admit calling/insinuating I am a racist will always trigger a reaction in me.

Just curious, but can you tell me why people need to kneel during the anthem to protest police brutality/racial equality? Can you be against police brutality and for racial equality and against kneeling during the anthem?

Nope. Either you agree with the players kneeling, or you are a racist. There is no middle ground. Seems that simple these days. :rolleyes:

Saw an interesting deep dive into sports ratings the other day. Turns out the "anthem controversy" isn't really having any impact on the NFL. The reality is that the tv landscape has changed dramatically. Hulu, Netflix, amazon, cable tv, premium cable tv, etc...there are just so many options now than there were before. People are choosing to watch other things.

When it comes to sports:
NFL: ratings are down (~5%)
NASCAR: ratings are WAY down (~17%)
NBA: ratings are up

That part is interesting to me. The rule changes implemented in NASCAR and NFL probably has a lot more to do with the ratings decline than anything else. Right now the NBA is maybe more fun than ever to watch and their ratings are going up as a result. Meanwhile in the NFL all these annoying illegal contact and pass interference penalties are slowing down and ruining the game.

If you look at the ratings in regards to politics...NASCAR is heavily conservative and endorsed by the president. Meanwhile the NBA tends to be heavily progressive.

Seems at the end of the day...people are watching things they find entertaining...which is what they've always done, and politics aren't really having the impact people want you to believe they are.

Saw an interesting deep dive into sports ratings the other day. Turns out the "anthem controversy" isn't really having any impact on the NFL. The reality is that the tv landscape has changed dramatically. Hulu, Netflix, amazon, cable tv, premium cable tv, etc...there are just so many options now than there were before. People are choosing to watch other things.

When it comes to sports:
NFL: ratings are down (~5%)
NASCAR: ratings are WAY down (~17%)
NBA: ratings are up

That part is interesting to me. The rule changes implemented in NASCAR and NFL probably has a lot more to do with the ratings decline than anything else. Right now the NBA is maybe more fun than ever to watch and their ratings are going up as a result. Meanwhile in the NFL all these annoying illegal contact and pass interference penalties are slowing down and ruining the game.

If you look at the ratings in regards to politics...NASCAR is heavily conservative and endorsed by the president. Meanwhile the NBA tends to be heavily progressive.

Seems at the end of the day...people are watching things they find entertaining...which is what they've always done, and politics aren't really having the impact people want you to believe they are.
NASCAR abandoned or reduced races at classic tracks like Rockingham, North Wilkesboro, Darlington, and Atlanta. And every track they built in the 90's was a superspeedway. It became the same thing week after week-draft, draft,draft. Pit strategy often wins those races. I think a lot of fans miss the smaller tracks that demanded a different kind of racing.

The playoff system was implemented when Jeff Gordon started to dominate the sport too much and have the Cup title all but wrapped up by Labor Day.

Which leads to the next issue. Gordon, who was from Indiana, not Tennessee or the Carolinas, was the perfect telegenic, smooth talking star for corporate America to hitch it's buggy to. Unlike the good ol boys you got the idea that he actually graduated from high school. But before you knew it, you had snobs like Tony Stewart, Kyle Busch, and Joey Lagano, who are nowhere near as friendly with the fans and media as your Petty's and Allison's and, for the most part, Earnhardt senior and Jimmie Johnson.

NASCAR abandoned or reduced races at classic tracks like Rockingham, North Wilkesboro, Darlington, and Atlanta. And every track they built in the 90's was a superspeedway. It became the same thing week after week-draft, draft,draft. Pit strategy often wins those races. I think a lot of fans miss the smaller tracks that demanded a different kind of racing.

The playoff system was implemented when Jeff Gordon started to dominate the sport too much and have the Cup title all but wrapped up by Labor Day.

Which leads to the next issue. Gordon, who was from Indiana, not Tennessee or the Carolinas, was the perfect telegenic, smooth talking star for corporate America to hitch it's buggy to. Unlike the good ol boys you got the idea that he actually graduated from high school. But before you knew it, you had snobs like Tony Stewart, Kyle Busch, and Joey Lagano, who are nowhere near as friendly with the fans and media as your Petty's and Allison's and, for the most part, Earnhardt senior and Jimmie Johnson.

I can't stand kyle Busch. Hes an amazing driver but holy crap what a douche

I go to NFL games because I love football and the NFL happens to be the highest level of the sport, not because I "support the NFL". I could give a shit about the NFL! I'll be damned if I'm going to let a few misguided fools that decide to kneel take that away from me. I stand, take my hat off and put my hand over my heart during the national anthem... That's really all that matters to me. I think any player that kneels is a complete POS, but I'm still going to watch the games!

Last edited:
It amazes me that vets would boycott the NFL while supporting a draft dodger president who virtually spat on a POW hero. Hell, I had pretty much quit watching the NFL until Trump told me not to. Now I usually watch 3-4 games a week.