Name a ******* starter

Do you watch the games? Wow. Yeah our defense is not good either, but how can you honestly believe that Rudock isn't a problem? My god wake up. Multiple games this year announcers wondering why CJ didn't go in. Your hero clueless Kirk, as blind and moronic as he is obviously sees it, opening up the QB competition.

Bob is the biggest moron on the board. Ignore her.

Prdatr40 is correct....all this will be doing is airing our dirty laundry in front of a national audience. What else will the commentators have to talk about? Duh!!!

Commentators have politely talked about how bad Iowa coaches suck in several games this season, so this won't change the narrative.

I want him to transfer too, but mostly because that will be the final nail in Kurt's coffin.

I don't want him to transfer because he gives us hope, but if that happening were to get Clueless out of here, I might rethink him transferring.

<<Has nothing to do with CJ being good. He is.>>

Yeah, he tore up that Purdue D.

Our problem isn't QB. Our problem is a young, inexperienced defesne that can't hold on 3rd-and-long or stifle opponents late in games.

Yeah, I'm sure all those missed opportunities and 3 and outs on offense don't have anything to do with that. Those things aren't going to eventually lead a defense to tire out by the end of the game, no sir.

<<Has nothing to do with CJ being good. He is.>>

Yeah, he tore up that Purdue D.

Our problem isn't QB. Our problem is a young, inexperienced defesne that can't hold on 3rd-and-long or stifle opponents late in games.

I agree with this. Funny how people concentrate on the QB position and conveniently forget that we have 5 new players in our back 7 on defense: all three linebackers, a safety and a cornerback. Of course, it's all about the QB position, isn't it? Never mind that defense and special teams is what lost the Nebraska game; and the Maryland game was lost by our defense and our abandoning of the run game.

I agree with this. Funny how people concentrate on the QB position and conveniently forget that we have 5 new players in our back 7 on defense: all three linebackers, a safety and a cornerback. Of course, it's all about the QB position, isn't it? Never mind that defense and special teams is what lost the Nebraska game; and the Maryland game was lost by our defense and our abandoning of the run game.

Funny, I seem to remember Rudock throwing a pick-6 to give Maryland a 10-point lead in the fourth quarter, and then he engineered a dazzling 3 and out that set Maryland up at midfield on their second TD drive of the fourth quarter to put the game away. And let's not forget his fantastic effort against Nebraska. Who else but he could have completed a whopping 35% of his passes in the second half and led the offense to put up 47 yards of total offense over five possessions in the second half?

Rudock may not have been the only problem in any of Iowa's losses, but let's not try and sugarcoat the fact that he was a big one. And when looking at the main problems this year, the poor/inconsistent play at quarterback was the one with the easiest potential solution. The linebackers essentially were what they were, and there really isn't much more that can be done with the guys currently on the roster. That's not the case at quarterback.

It appears GD is finally getting his wish to have an open competition at QB, which includes game performance. Just don't think he envisioned it being in game #13. Should have been easily decided by game #3.

It is rather embarrassing if you ask me. But GD is probably overjoyed just to get this small concession from da boss.

Of course he was told to emphasize it was Captain Clueless who makes the final call.

Wait. Haven't we heard this before?

Funny, I seem to remember Rudock throwing a pick-6 to give Maryland a 10-point lead in the fourth quarter, and then he engineered a dazzling 3 and out that set Maryland up at midfield on their second TD drive of the fourth quarter to put the game away. And let's not forget his fantastic effort against Nebraska. Who else but he could have completed a whopping 35% of his passes in the second half and led the offense to put up 47 yards of total offense over five possessions in the second half?

Rudock may not have been the only problem in any of Iowa's losses, but let's not try and sugarcoat the fact that he was a big one. And when looking at the main problems this year, the poor/inconsistent play at quarterback was the one with the easiest potential solution. The linebackers essentially were what they were, and there really isn't much more that can be done with the guys currently on the roster. That's not the case at quarterback.

Jake was wayyyy to inconsistent for being a second year starter. He simply disappeared for long stretches of games, and it cost us wins. 2nd half of ISU, (2nd, 3rd and some of the 4th qtrs against Maryland), 1st half vs Wisconsin, and 2nd half vs Nebraska. In all our losses minus Minny Jake just didn't put together a whole game.

I think he is a classic case of paralysis by analysis. He will almost alway lock onto his pre snap read, and this just causes him to simply miss many players running wide open. He just doesn't even look at that open for more than a blink if his pre snap read already told him to be a check down Charlie.

We've seen enough of JR to know what we have there. We have not seen enough of CJ to know what we have there. JR is 5-5 basically, CJ is 2-0 this year. I think it's time we took a good hard look at CJ. Unfortunately, 1 qtr of the first half is all that we might see of him in a Hawkeye uniform. If they perform equal, then it's JR the rest of the 2nd half I am guessing. CJ will then depart, with us seeing about 2 games of play from him in his Iowa career, not enough to even get a firm grip on what starting QB for Iowa even entails.

I sure hope that is not how this goes down....................

Or maybe it is GD speaking in code with a wink.

He can only get the clueless horse to the water. He can't make it drink.

He will be standing off to the side. Hoping and praying Mr. Ed finally gets it.

Like the OP said it's beyond comical that we are holding the starter so close to our vest. Kirk, to think that you are pulling some tomfoolery by not stating who our starter is such an antiquated ploy that worked back in 2000. To think Tennessee doesn't know what to expect from CJ versus Jake is laughable. To me it just cements how clueless he really is. I mean they've had over a month to get ready and Kirk is snickering in his hotel room thinking he just is Bill Bellichek Jr.

Like the OP said it's beyond comical that we are holding the starter so close to our vest. Kirk, to think that you are pulling some tomfoolery by not stating who our starter is such an antiquated ploy that worked back in 2000. To think Tennessee doesn't know what to expect from CJ versus Jake is laughable. To me it just cements how clueless he really is. I mean they've had over a month to get ready and Kirk is snickering in his hotel room thinking he just is Bill Bellichek Jr.
Oh come on. He is just trying to keep CJ engaged by making him think that he actually has a chance to play. It doesn't go any deeper than that.

How in the hell can we already be to the point where we can use the phrase "back in 2000"?

I believe that Davis indicated that Ferentz would name a starting quarterback at the Tuesday press conference. Perhaps we should wait to hear what he has to say before getting so bent out of shape......

So....are you saying it wouldn't have mattered who played QB? Are you saying there is no way CJ could have led Iowa to a better record?

Latest posts