Nail in Barta's coffin?

That is Title IX. Women get the same opportunities as men in athletics. The coach was fired fro no good reason. The investigation showed no verbal abuse. These women are sticking together when the chips are down, just as men would. And their most powerful tool is Title IX. Its not dumb, its how life in society is.
These 4 women feel like they were not afforded the best opportunity to compete on an equal level. And they feel the female coaches at Iowa are treated differently then the male coaches. I imagine the male coaches treated differently are KF and Fran. And they are treated differently because they make the U This may be a bad day for Iowa. But I bet Karen Kubby is smiling somewhere.

Title IX has absolutely nothing to do with the employment of their former coach. These women and lawyers are using it to bludgeon their way through the system.

You don't know if their coach was fired for no good reason. She was investigated for verbal abuse.

And by the way, I dont care how they "feel". "Feelings" have nothing to do with the firing of their coach. Their coach isn't Lombardi so she is replaceable. If the new coach is inferior then here's a life-lesson: sucks. Get used to it. You're going to lose supervisors in the real world and get them replaced with suckier ones.

And you won't be able to pull out tit le IX to make you feel better then.

Title IX has absolutely nothing to do with the employment of their former coach. These women and lawyers are using it to bludgeon their way through the system.

You don't know if their coach was fired for no good reason. She was investigated for verbal abuse.

And by the way, I dont care how they "feel". "Feelings" have nothing to do with the firing of their coach. Their coach isn't Lombardi so she is replaceable. If the new coach is inferior then here's a life-lesson: sucks. Get used to it. You're going to lose supervisors in the real world and get them replaced with suckier ones.

And you won't be able to pull out tit le IX to make you feel better then.

I'll bet you're the type with a lot of imaginary friends.

Wouldn't it be something if the powers that be told Sally to fire BARTA and she refused and so they told her she could resign or be fired?
I can absolutely and unequivocally say that the powers that be making the hiring decision on Sally's replacement love both Barta and Ferentz.

As Allen Iverson would say....We talkin about Field Hockey? Not, not a sport. Field Hockey.

I am not standing up for Barta as an AD ..... but come on this issue is ridiculous. A non revenue sport that no one in the state of Iowa actually plays (as far as I know). Give me a freaking break. Does an AD have to have a reason that the public and everyone at the University including the players signs off on to fire a coach now?

I just want to reiterate that this is a NON MONEY MAKING SPORT that is not even played in the state of Iowa. Only in America.

No. It's not.

This is a stupid frivolous claim. She was accused of verbal abuse by other players and okay by these four. So they get to sue that they were damaged because they are not afforded quality coaching to compete and their coach wasn't treated the same as male coaches? Ridiculously stupid. And they guise it under title IX? Dumb and dumber.

You have some facts as you see them and you make some conclusions but you don't demonstrate any logic, that is really the most important part of an argument.

You have some facts as you see them and you make some conclusions but you don't demonstrate any logic, that is really the most important part of an argument.

Agreed. If KF was fired for using harsh or demeaning language, he wouldnt have made it past his 1st year.
What these women are trying to say is, why should a coach in a woman's sport be fired for something the coaches in mens sports do all the time? And i think its a valid point.
The only issue is that we dont know exactly what was alleged to have been said. I do know this, nobody would expect Barta to fire KF if DJK came out and said the coaches hurt his feelings with harsh language.

I will also say: i dont know what a coach could say to their players that would be more harmful than the Rhabdo incident was to KF's 13 players. And that didnt warrant his firing.
I dont think it would be too hard to prove a double standard here. And there are minority protections in place to ensure they are not treated differently for a reason. The issue is, the fired coach wont pursue civil action herself, if she ever wants to coach again and she probably does.

What's being missed here: we have no idea why she was fired.

It does NOT appear she was fired for verbal abuse. The investigation found credible allegations of that, but after the investigation, Barta met with staff and advised them the coach would be retained. The coach's relationship with another administrator was also well-known by then. 2 weeks later, she was fired. Something happened or came to light during that time, and the University is not talking.

If I'm confusing facts here I'd be grateful for a correction.

I will also say: i dont know what a coach could say to their players that would be more harmful than the Rhabdo incident was to KF's 13 players. And that didnt warrant his firing.
I dont think it would be too hard to prove a double standard here. And there are minority protections in place to ensure they are not treated differently for a reason. The issue is, the fired coach wont pursue civil action herself, if she ever wants to coach again and she probably does.

If Iowa ends up being in the wrong, she's never going to have to work again because she's going to sue the school for wrongful termination and be loaded. End of story.

If Iowa ends up being in the wrong, she's never going to have to work again because she's going to sue the school for wrongful termination and be loaded. End of story.
Money isn't everything to everyone. Maybe she really enjoys coaching and wants to continue.

It does NOT appear she was fired for verbal abuse. The investigation found credible allegations of that, but after the investigation, Barta met with staff and advised them the coach would be retained. The coach's relationship with another administrator was also well-known by then. 2 weeks later, she was fired. Something happened or came to light during that time, and the University is not talking.

That was where I thought it ended as well but these players seem to believe it's something complaint related. A couple of logical conclusions I will offer and feel free to correct me if you think I'm in error.
I would assume these players and the fired coach have had dialog about the firing.
I would also assume that if the coach was fired for a relationship she had with an administrator, that would have been explained to these players and that would have been the end of it.
Since I doubt there is any evidence of men's coaches having affairs/relationships with administrators, I don't think that's the reason for this suit.
Which leads us back to the original issue. The only other possibility would be that the fired coach has had no contact with her former players and the administration won't talk to them...so they are going this route for some answers. I find that extremely hard to fathom.

^ I think you nailed it, Billso.

Barta and Kirk are on borrowed time and both will be gone after next season ... We just need to make it through one more year of this sh** ...

Latest posts