Myrtle Lot

SixAMtailgate

Just curious if anybody parked in the Myrtle Lot for the Tenn Tech game. We went to the SH area in Finkbine Commuter and it was ok but the SH area has no grassy areas. Any info from people would be great: when you got there? how full it was when you got there and how full it was prior to the game?

Thanks.

Myrtle is restricted this season. A certain level of donor only. I think it is people displaced from the Dental Bldg lot, due to some sort of construction? Anyway, not open to general admission.

I walked through the Myrtal lot at about 7:15am and there were less than 10 cars parked there, it was a shame.

Myrtle Lot was practically empty. It was dead. When you cross that bridge and start walking toward Melrose, the lot immediately on the right next to the student center was practically empty too. It's frustrating how inefficient they are.

The Dental Lot (across from Carver) was dead, too. Usually you are struggling to find a spot by 8 a.m.

There were numerous openings at 10:00 a.m.
I wish I knew where people were tailgating at. The atmosphere at the tailgates is what makes Iowa City so great. I realize it was a boring opponent and the weather scared people away. But it has never been that bad before.

The Dental Lot (across from Carver) was dead, too. Usually you are struggling to find a spot by 8 a.m.

There were numerous openings at 10:00 a.m.
I wish I knew where people were tailgating at. The atmosphere at the tailgates is what makes Iowa City so great. I realize it was a boring opponent and the weather scared people away. But it has never been that bad before.

I really think it was just the combination of the weather and the opponent. Had it have been 70 and sunny or rainy but playing Wisconsin, it would have been hopping.

does anybody know how readily available private parking is south of the myrtle lot? I would like to park there with my pass bit we have a second car of people that come a little later and don't have a pass.

does anybody know how readily available private parking is south of the myrtle lot? I would like to park there with my pass bit we have a second car of people that come a little later and don't have a pass.

You will have no problem finding a spot to park at the church. It goes way over to the east behind the houses. Finding spots at the houses are a little more difficult and getting out after the game will be much easier parking at the church.

Latest posts