my worst fear

herbyhawk

Banned
is that if Iowa does not make the NIT and Barta prevents them from going to the CBI. Fran tells Barta to stull it and goes to Illinois, with his style of play he would have the pick of the litter in Chicago, and would have a much easier road to the Final 4 with that talent

The last part of that has about a 0.000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance of happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, if someone is that butthurt about not being able to play in the CBI then they are free to go as they please as far as I'm concerned.

is that if Iowa does not make the NIT and Barta prevents them from going to the CBI. Fran tells Barta to stull it and goes to Illinois, with his style of play he would have the pick of the litter in Chicago, and would have a much easier road to the Final 4 with that talent

Common Herby, if I didn't know better I'd swear thats a comment from a member of the orange crush! No way! Just kiddin!

rwtsracefan(Dan Wemett)

it could happen,GB have done alot of stupid things and say wrong things, i think he should go puff on that pipe and get out his checkerboard then let FM take care of things his own way

If Fran were really that hurt about not playing in the CBI...I don't want him as our coach...I would hope he has higher aspirations.

this would the 2nd time Barta has bowed down to Delany rather than back his own coach, my question for some of you. would you really want to work for someone that will toss you aside rather back you up?

Except that its been reported that Illannoy turned down a potential NIT bid...

I'm scared of spiders and ALS.

Gee, herby, thanks for coming in six hours late on my "joke" from this morning (where I said it would serve Barta right if Fran decided to go to Illinois or Nebby or some non-B1G job).

I REALLY don't want that to happen, and don't think there is a chance of it happening. I think the better chance would be Fran having a sit-down with some heavy-hitter boosters and voicing displeasure over Barta 1) saying "no" CBI without serious talk with staff and players and 2) Barta bending for Delaney over chair slam...and then...Barta "resigning".

It's not that Barta or Delaney may not want us (as a B1G team) in CBI, it's that Barta would publicly grab his ankles with his declaration. And if he is merely parroting Mason--and that, alone, should get him canned, followed by her--it's almost worse.

The FIRST option on accepting or rejecting any postseason invites should be what players and staff feel. AD is down the list, and Delaney is a distant third or fourth.

this would the 2nd time Barta has bowed down to Delany rather than back his own coach, my question for some of you. would you really want to work for someone that will toss you aside rather back you up?

That I get. And I agree. It should be Fran "out front". If the word comes that a bid is not accepted, it should be Fran that gets to make public statement. Or, it should Barta, by himself, having to make announcement...to Matt Gatens and the other seniors and their families, all seated in the first row.

Is it possible bringing Bowlsby back would be an improvement?!

Latest posts