My thoughts towards Iowa Basketball.....

Well, we do suck....again.

Well we are bad and is pretty alarming really. I was certainly fine with Mr. Davis moving on, but we are a long ways from there now. Its funny, the old adage is still true, be careful what you wish for and what you "expect"!

On a corollary note, there was a time I was a bigger college b-ball fan than a football fan and I loved the Hawks. I haven't watched a full game in years and quite frankly the fans did that too me more than the b-ball team. That Alford fiasco and the way it all played out jaded me pretty good and I'm not anti-Alford, but we are clearly reaping what we sowed.

We appear to still be a long ways away and in a day and age when there are myriads of mid-majors playing highly competitive basketball. I do still watch with passing interest and of course I watch the tourney. You'd think we could filed a decent team. Its not like we are without tradition....

Chad

Well we are bad and is pretty alarming really. I was certainly fine with Mr. Davis moving on, but we are a long ways from there now. Its funny, the old adage is still true, be careful what you wish for and what you "expect"!

On a corollary note, there was a time I was a bigger college b-ball fan than a football fan and I loved the Hawks. I haven't watched a full game in years and quite frankly the fans did that too me more than the b-ball team. That Alford fiasco and the way it all played out jaded me pretty good and I'm not anti-Alford, but we are clearly reaping what we sowed.

We appear to still be a long ways away and in a day and age when there are myriads of mid-majors playing highly competitive basketball. I do still watch with passing interest and of course I watch the tourney. You'd think we could filed a decent team. Its not like we are without tradition....

Chad

You wanted to get rid of Davis but wanted to keep Alford? Your DIY attempt at brain surgery failed.

Personality contest = Davis wins

NCAA production = Davis wins

B1G production = Davis wins

If we play like this next year, then this video can be played. But as of now, we are still rebuilding.

Yeah only been rebuilding for 5 years now...face it Iowa is laughing stock of basketball right now and the very worst team in B1G yet again.

We have an entire forum for basketball. I realize the football board gets more traffic and you want instant reaction but this is the football board, shape up.

Yeah only been rebuilding for 5 years now...face it Iowa is laughing stock of basketball right now and the very worst team in B1G yet again.

standings say differenly. We didn't finish dead last in the big 10.

This is year 2 in rebuilding. the 3 previous years was trying to fit a square peg in a round hole in a very boring system.

You wanted to get rid of Davis but wanted to keep Alford? Your DIY attempt at brain surgery failed.

Personality contest = Davis wins

NCAA production = Davis wins

B1G production = Davis wins

That was a whole lot of inferring going on there.......

Chad

Chad

This is such a played out...and STUPID argument. Yeah, you're right...I guess OK St. is ****** that they brought in Mike Gundy five or so years ago to try and get to the "next leve"...or I bet Michigan is ****** they fired Rich Rod because they wanted to try and become relevant again. There are just as many coaches who are successful after being brought in as unsuccessful...just because we've had 1 experience at Iowa doesn't make your little "adage" any more true. Your sample size is 1...pretty silly.

This is such a played out...and STUPID argument. Yeah, you're right...I guess OK St. is ****** that they brought in Mike Gundy five or so years ago to try and get to the "next leve"...or I bet Michigan is ****** they fired Rich Rod because they wanted to try and become relevant again. There are just as many coaches who are successful after being brought in as unsuccessful...just because we've had 1 experience at Iowa doesn't make your little "adage" any more true. Your sample size is 1...pretty silly.

Oh my....have you stepped into a buzz saw. On second thought if you truly think the sample size is one, then you really are just as in the dark as most of your posts show you to be.....

It has happened countless, and I mean countless times over all of history let alone college sports............

Chad

PS....I'm a business man myself, I have had to make that decision to move people out before and quite frankly "the above" would never hand cuff me to NOT do it. But I, unlike you or most of those who speak so impetuously, with such a cavalier attitude, should never be involved in decisions like this. You have zero perspective, you never look at potential consequences and honestly you are truly blind to reality...

If you would like I will begin listing the MAJOR programs that stayed down for a myriad of really bad hirers if you choose, but if I were you I'd start trying to think a little deeper, and show some insight rather than running off half cocked. At the very least it makes YOU look silly.

Last edited:
Oh my....have you stepped into a buzz saw. On second thought if you truly think the sample size is one, then you really are just as in the dark as most of your posts show you to be.....

It has happened countless, and I mean countless times over all of history let alone college sports............

Chad

PS....I'm a business man myself, I have had to make that decision to move people out before and quite frankly "the above" would never hand cuff me to NOT do it. But I, unlike you or most of those who speak so impetuously, with such a cavalier attitude, should never be involved in decisions like this. You have zero perspective, you never look at potential consequences and honestly you are truly blind to reality...

If you would like I will begin listing the MAJOR programs that stayed down for a myriad of really bad hirers if you choose, but if I were you I'd start trying to think a little deeper, and show some insight rather than running off half cocked. At the very least it makes YOU look silly.

Cavalier??? You are one to talk...every post I read of yours either your head is in the sand or stuck somewhere else...but that's a different matter all together. Maybe my post went over your head, it's not hard to see why given some of the things i've read of yours.

The argument I was making was that there are just as many examples of programs which have had success by getting rid of a coach in the attempt of attaining some "higher level of success" as there are programs who have gone the other direction...that's it...and until you can prove to me that this is not the case over the past 20 or 30 years, your argument is no more valid than mine.

As for the rest of the jibberish you wrote, i'm glad your in business...i'm sure you do a tremendously mediocre job...but to say that I have no perspective and that I wouldn't look at consequences assumes quite a bit...and you know what they say about people who assume.

Next time I would suggest thinking before you type and go off all...what was the word..."half-cocked," because the only one that looks silly after i've written this post is you.

Check...and mate.

I watched more of Iowa basketball than I have in years the other night against clemson and we are not very good. The talent is not there. Recruiting the last 5-10 years has been miserable.

Latest posts